PDA

View Full Version : FS: All my sps...

dc4
09-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Alright, so I have too much on my plate now to deal with taking care of my tank and the sps has to go. Some of them have lost some color due to my high nutrient system but they will recover over time. I have over 20 pieces of all sizes on my rock and another 10 or so frags on my rack. Some are named, others are not, best to come by if interested. The red planet colony alone is worth a few hundred bucks. Some of the frags are also worth big bucks but I am not parting out, takes too much time. Its an all or nothing deal, if no one wants everything, Ill just keep them and do my best. There is also a flower petal, purple, green, and red monti inclued with the purple haze and rainbow monti frags. Safe to say, ive spent a lot aquiring some of these pieces so Im hoping they find a good home.

Take it all for $650!
Less than $20 per piece.
No shipping.
No trades.
No offers.

Bring your own buckets and bags, ill supply the water, lol. :mrgreen:

Here is a pic with my phone with flash on.
http://img.tapatalk.com/1854b809-5180-ea94.jpg

Aquattro
09-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Sorry to see it come to this. Good luck with the sale!

ScubaSteve
09-01-2012, 07:23 PM
If you do end up parting out, I'll be over there in a heartbeat. Tanks too small for all of it :( Bummer to see you let thm go though. It's an awesome collection.

dc4
09-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Sorry to see it come to this. Good luck with the sale!

You and I both, I'll keep my tank with my fish, lps, znp, softies until I get everything sorted out. Hopefully, I won't have to start selling everything else but it's been a real crappy year so far. Maybe after things get back to normal, I'll dip my toes back into some sps. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

dc4
09-01-2012, 07:32 PM
If you do end up parting out, I'll be over there in a heartbeat. Tanks too small for all of it :( Bummer to see you let thm go though. It's an awesome collection.

You could always split the pieces with someone or out
start a growout with a few others. I'm sure there are enough stick heads here to get something going. ;)

tang daddy
09-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Sorry to see this up go up for sale, hope things get better man!

dc4
09-03-2012, 12:46 AM
No longer for sale, I was in a bad mindset when I posted this, lol. Gonna try and do my best... :)

reefwars
09-03-2012, 12:55 AM
No longer for sale, I was in a bad mindset when I posted this, lol. Gonna try and do my best... :)

haha ive done that so many times lol :P

gregzz4
09-03-2012, 12:56 AM

That's the spirit :mrgreen:

dc4
09-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Yeah, it made no sense selling the sps when I just spent $200 on a pair of flame wrasses today (though the super male is acting more like a super chicken right now). I realized that it would just go back into the tank x5 on other things like zoas to fill the space, lol. :mrgreen:

reefermadness
09-03-2012, 02:05 AM
I dont understand how you could spend hundreds trying to purchase a wild SSC colony and the next minute want to give up on SPS.

I'm glad you changed your mind...SPS are very rewarding but perhaps you just move to fast. Remember nothing good happens fast in a reef tank and this is especially true for an SPS tank.

dc4
09-03-2012, 02:21 AM
I dont understand how you could spend hundreds trying to purchase a wild SSC colony and the next minute want to give up on SPS.

I'm glad you changed your mind...SPS are very rewarding but perhaps you just move to fast. Remember nothing good happens fast in a reef tank and this is especially true for an SPS tank.

Money isnt the main factor otherwise I wouldnt still be in this hobby, I have a lot on my mind right now and worrying about things dying off in my tank is the last thing I need on top of everything else. A lot of things happen fast in a reef tank but its usually just the bad stuff, lol. :lol:

reefermadness
09-03-2012, 02:29 AM
worrying about things dying off in my tank is the last thing I need on top of everything elseThat was kinda what I was saying. If things aren't in tip top shape you should be slowing things down and getting back to basics.....not dealing with a freshly shipped large wild colony. Those are hard to keep in the best of tanks.

Just friendly advice (most of us are guilty of moving too fast at some point).

A lot of things happen fast in a reef tank but its usually just the bad stuff, lol. so true.