PDA

View Full Version : WTB. BLUE HORNETS. (EDM)

Proteus
09-01-2012, 04:52 PM
As title states.

Thank you

reefwars
09-01-2012, 04:54 PM
As title states.

Thank you

good luck man lol if you do fnd some ill share shipping with you:P:P

reefwars
09-01-2012, 04:55 PM
watch for fakes though nick theres alot of look alike hornets out there being sold including one on here the other day.

Proteus
09-01-2012, 04:56 PM
I was gunna use u a my I'd guy lol. And I'll def share

devin99
09-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Hard to come by I have been looking for some for a while; They are available at Kush Corals in the US and will ship to Canada but very expensive;

http://www.kushcorals.com/category/23-blue-hornet

reefwars
09-01-2012, 05:07 PM
I was gunna use u a my I'd guy lol. And I'll def share

Hard to come by I have been looking for some for a while; They are available at Kush Corals in the US and will ship to Canada but very expensive;

i have a line on some im trying to get shipped to me its within canada, problem is getting him to cut more than a polyp as hes a collector and doesnt frag....one tough cookie lol anyways if i can get him to crack ill try to get a few frags to different areas in the province.

problem with hornets are they have nil for long term survival and they are one of the worst for fragging, they melt if you look at them the wrong way lol :P

Proteus
09-01-2012, 05:10 PM

Thanks. But I'm not looking that far. I got some from RC last year but dimond gobie stole them.

devin99
09-01-2012, 05:12 PM
i have a line on some im trying to get shipped to me its within canada, problem is getting him to cut more than a polyp as hes a collector and doesnt frag....one tough cookie lol anyways if i can get him to crack ill try to get a few frags to different areas in the province.

problem with hornets are they have nil for long term survival and they are one of the worst for fragging, they melt if you look at them the wrong way lol :P

haha well I am interested in a frag of these if you can manage to get some :p

reefwars
09-01-2012, 05:15 PM
haha well I am interested in a frag of these if you can manage to get some :p

im trying my best, im on the hunt for these more than anyone trust me lol

my guy has a few of the hornets the blacks,blues and purples. hes slow on the response though like i message him and he gets back to me like a month later lol the other problem is the price the last price he gave me if he were to cut them knocked the wind out of me lol :P

Proteus
09-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Lemme know when u get some I'll split it with you. I'll contact Steve as hes got a good lineup. As well as ken will be stocking up for frag fest

Nano
09-01-2012, 05:36 PM
I haven't had good luck with hornets though they are my favorites, I have had red blue and purple. Now I just have empty frag plugs from them melting lol. :(

devin99
09-01-2012, 05:40 PM
I haven't had good luck with hornets though they are my favorites, I have had red blue and purple. Now I just have empty frag plugs from them melting lol. :(

I think hornets are very deep water zoas they should like indirect low light.

reefwars
09-01-2012, 05:50 PM

its not a beginner species its that simple,most people think all zoas are the same when they are def not, they need the right requirements and food from their region. on the other side they need stability, the slightest change or glance and they melt a new tank has trouble offering this:)

if it were an easy species that any zoa collector could keep they wouldnt be so rare, but its not they need the research and someone willing to give them the right conditions.

for anyone wanting to get into highend and rare zoas believe me you lose more money then you gain, alot of the deepwater species need to be treated different, same as shallow species or other types like micro zoos.
i

i like to think of myself as an avid collector i feed all my zoas and palys daily a blend of different foods, i vitamin c does, change my phosphate media constantly.i have over 100 types alot of them decent sized colonies and i still lose some for unknown reasons.

my darth mauls recently mented, i grew the colonie to 200+polyps sold everyone cheap frags and then my small mini colonie melted.

its important tol get these species propogated and spread around.

after losing my darth mauls i was given another back, its the best way to make sure these are available:)

FWC
09-01-2012, 06:22 PM
These blue hornets kind of sound like achilles tangs or orange spotted filefish of the zoa world.

reefwars
09-01-2012, 06:24 PM
These blue hornets kind of sound like achilles tangs or orange spotted filefish of the zoa world.

theres rarer species...trust me:mrgreen:

Jeff000
09-01-2012, 06:52 PM
theres rarer species...trust me:mrgreen:

He was referring to the fact that they are expensive and known to die way easy.

I have blue hornets, but won't be fragging for some time. Only have 6-7 heads and they are tightly grown together.

dc4
09-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Give me a about a month and I'll be able to frag a few heads of mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

FWC
09-01-2012, 07:54 PM
He was referring to the fact that they are expensive and known to die way easy.

Yup. You hit the nail on the head.