PDA

View Full Version : Grrr...

dc4
08-31-2012, 03:57 AM
I've been noticing some of my sps not having pe and wad wondering why. I was doing my usual inspection of my tank and noticed something moving in the cracks of my red planet branches. Pulled the while thing out and saw this!
http://img.tapatalk.com/1854b809-3758-037b.jpg
Not sure how it got into the tank but judging by it's size, it's pretty new. Saw it out of pure luck and watched it clawing at the polyps of the red planet.:mad: It's so small, that it's kinda cute, too bad...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

fishytime
08-31-2012, 03:59 AM
little blue-eyed buggers they are....usually come in on colonies....

Aquattro
08-31-2012, 03:59 AM
You're just not having a good month :)

gregzz4
08-31-2012, 06:40 AM
Battin' 1000 :razz:

Hope things turn around for you soon :wink:

dc4
08-31-2012, 07:31 AM

Man, make that this year....basement flood, hydro bill tripled from the dehumidifier they used, sink hole outside our house, bank short paying property tax, work starts striking on Wednesday, and I showed up at 715am today and forgot that someone wanted to switch for a late shift! :mad:

Don't even get me started with the aptasia issue in my tank right now, truly a year to forget! :banghead:

The only good thing so far is that I finally got your chiller to stop blowing fuses... :p

tang daddy
08-31-2012, 07:42 AM
I have caught and killed about 8 of those furry bastards from my tank, they are super tiny but definitely know how to hide... And yes always pick at sps, good thing they're dumb and stay on the colony they eat when they're small so it's easy enough to kill, the bigger ones hide in rock and usually eat when the lights are out. I am still trying to kill the big one!

gregzz4
08-31-2012, 07:50 AM
Don't want you to feel left out ...

1 - Basement flood late winter - main leaked outside the foundation and came back through the wall. It would have kept going if we hadn't found squishy carpet; replaced plumbing from PRV to yard shut-off - half of front yard dug up, recroom torn apart to dry everything
2 - Hot water tank boiled over - flooded basement again as the drain is in the basement suite ( that is no longer in use to boot ); tear everything apart again to dry it all
3 - Washer pump quits - fix it, then washer floods basement; pretty much the same mess and clean up issues

I guess if you think things come in 3s, I'm done with flooding for now .......
Jinx

What strike is happening ?

gregzz4
08-31-2012, 07:51 AM
Chris, PM or call me, I'll tell ya how to get that crab :smile:

iceman86
08-31-2012, 12:45 PM
I got a couple of those in my chalice. How did you get it out? I was planning a dip this weekend.

Aquattro
08-31-2012, 01:32 PM
Man, make that this year....basement flood, hydro bill tripled from the dehumidifier they used, sink hole outside our house, bank short paying property tax, work starts striking on Wednesday, and I showed up at 715am today and forgot that someone wanted to switch for a late shift! :mad:

Don't even get me started with the aptasia issue in my tank right now, truly a year to forget! :banghead:

The only good thing so far is that I finally got your chiller to stop blowing fuses... :p

You have the day off Wednesday, maybe you can work on the tank :)

dc4
08-31-2012, 03:36 PM
I got a couple of those in my chalice. How did you get it out? I was planning a dip this weekend.

They are in your chalice? I just pulled out my acro and took a lobster pick to poke it until it finally made it out of the cracks, then I flicked it into the sink.

dc4
08-31-2012, 03:37 PM
You have the day off Wednesday, maybe you can work on the tank :)

I may have to work on selling the tank if it keeps up, lol. :D

iceman86
08-31-2012, 06:04 PM
They are in your chalice? I just pulled out my acro and took a lobster pick to poke it until it finally made it out of the cracks, then I flicked it into the sink.

Ya I got a couple in the eyes. All I can see is the little claws sticking out trying to grab food

dc4
08-31-2012, 10:56 PM
Ya I got a couple in the eyes. All I can see is the little claws sticking out trying to grab food

Wow, must have some pretty big eyes on the chalice. Crabs are pretty stubborn, not sure if a dip would lure them out. I saw someone use soda water to get them to start running though.