PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of Kenya tree corals?

Coralgurl
08-31-2012, 01:47 AM
This coral drives me insane! I love the flowiness of it but hate the daily dropping of frags. If I see one ready to drop I pick it off and toss it, but most times I'm pulling them off rocks and out of the sand. I have 2 big ones on large rocks that I'd like to remove,is there a way to do this so they don't grow back?

Enigma
08-31-2012, 01:54 AM
I melted mine. I'm not entirely sure how I did it (it may have been high Alk) . . . But it turned into a big gooey mess. I've killed a Kenya tree and Xenia.

I know that h202 will kill Xenia. Maybe you could scrape them off the rocks, and then treat the areas with H202?

mark
08-31-2012, 03:31 AM
From experience, they'll peel off completely if you take your time and won't grow back.

spit.fire
08-31-2012, 04:06 AM
Fire, burn the tree down

reefwars
08-31-2012, 04:18 AM
sheena give them to me and ill sell them back to you for reaally really high price then they are just sure to melt away...or at least i think thats how it goes:P

MKLKT
08-31-2012, 04:48 AM
Peel slowly, I used tweezers, worked great, no splitting or traces left.

Coralgurl
08-31-2012, 05:00 AM
Haha Denny, you can have them but I don't want them back :twised: they are like bloody dandelions. And I have amazing success with them :mrgreen:

Will try the tweezers this weekend! Thanks for the suggestions!

Shelley, be glad they melted, they are a PITA!

Coralgurl
09-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Well I got them off and gone. The smaller of the 2 had its sides attached as well as I had jammed it in a crack when I first got it. I am pretty sure I got it all though! Now I need to find something to replace them..:lol:

And I need new tweezers!