PDA

View Full Version : regarding urchins and zoas

acepumping
08-31-2012, 12:35 AM
hey, anybody ever had issues with urchins eating baby zoas that have been fragged?
please let me know as my little bastard i think ate my joker ones i bought from devin

thnx

reefwars
08-31-2012, 12:40 AM
hey, anybody ever had issues with urchins eating baby zoas that have been fragged?
please let me know as my little bastard i think ate my joker ones i bought from devin

thnx

what kind of urchin??

more than likely the little devil wore your zoos as a hat and left them behind the rock that you cant get at....if your lucky some day youll just notice them barely sticking out all discolored and needing light and when you go to reach for them they will be gone for ever washed into the darkness by the flow......urchins are evil

welcome to the wondeful world of zoanthids:P cheers

FragIt Dan
08-31-2012, 03:00 AM
It's unlikely, but possible your urchin are your zoas. As Reefwars suggested, they are likely down some crevice somewhere. I have lost more frags then I care to remember as a result of my tuxedo urchin doing this. I finally put him in my sump!
Dan

dc4
08-31-2012, 03:50 AM
My false fire urchin ate some of my zoas right of the plugs, that's why it's no longer in my tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2