PDA

View Full Version : question

bignose
08-30-2012, 12:41 AM
I have 3 types of frogspawn that touch each other with no issues is this the same with all corals? I have a 2 colors of candy cane coral I would like to put together.

NU-2reef
08-30-2012, 01:24 AM
Yep candy canes will be fine together

Borderjumper
08-30-2012, 01:28 AM
Since you ask that.. Can all Euphyllia touch each other? can a hammer touch a frogspawn touch a torch?

gregzz4
08-30-2012, 01:36 AM
As far as I know, all Euphyllia are OK together
My 2 frogs and hammer touched all the time for over a week
I've since spread them out, but had no issues
I've seen torch next to frog, so I assume it's OK

Besides SPS, I plan on grouping most 'similar' species

reefwars
08-30-2012, 01:42 AM
As far as I know, all Euphyllia are OK together
My 2 frogs and hammer touched all the time for over a week
I've since spread them out, but had no issues
I've seen torch next to frog, so I assume it's OK

Besides SPS, I plan on grouping most 'similar' species

be careful though thats not always the case, my hammer never got along with my torch and i had two fifferent frog colors that fought from time to time:) its a growth thing may happen right away or later as it grows:)

gregzz4
08-30-2012, 01:44 AM
I should have been clearer :smile:
I plan on grouping zoas, rics, acans, things like that in their own patches

noirsphynx
08-30-2012, 01:51 AM
be careful though thats not always the case, my hammer never got along with my torch and i had two fifferent frog colors that fought from time to time:) its a growth thing may happen right away or later as it grows:)

+1 my green torch killed my orange frogspawn :sad:

noirsphynx
08-30-2012, 01:52 AM
I should have been clearer :smile:
I plan on grouping zoas, rics, acans, things like that in their own patches

I've done zoas/palys and rics like that without problem, acans I wasn't so lucky with.

reefwars
08-30-2012, 01:54 AM
haha scans:P:P

noirsphynx
08-30-2012, 01:57 AM
haha scans:P:P

I know, stupid auto correct doesn't know what an acan is :lol:

Borderjumper
08-30-2012, 01:59 AM
+1 my green torch killed my orange frogspawn :sad:

Yikes... I hope you punished that torch!

noirsphynx
08-30-2012, 02:01 AM
Yikes... I hope you punished that torch!

YUP!! It went bye bye right away, I was p***ed!!!!

reefwars
08-30-2012, 03:28 AM
I know, stupid auto correct doesn't know what an acan is :lol:

i like it better anyways im now calling all acans scans:P

bignose
08-30-2012, 03:39 AM
I researched about frogspawn and found the can touch each other and I also found out they are some of the more aggressive LPS. Thanks for the replys I found my answer.

+1 my green torch killed my orange frogspawn
That's too bad, I thought frogspawn are very aggressive.

I would like to get a piece of orange frogspawn I should have got a piece when they were here.

Enigma
08-30-2012, 03:36 PM

Your little torch gave the blue octo a nasty sting that dissolved a head. They're not allowed to play together any more.

reefwars
08-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Your little torch gave the blue octo a nasty sting that dissolved a head. They're not allowed to play together any more.

yeah its really trial and error, but i thik in the end it comes down to growth , if theres no room someone gotta move or be forced to dissapear lol:)

Enigma
08-30-2012, 03:51 PM
yeah its really trial and error, but i thik in the end it comes down to growth , if theres no room someone gotta move or be forced to dissapear lol:)

:lol: I have lots of room for them right now. :) The torch corals are all by themselves in a corner of the tank: at least six inches from everything else. It seems to foil their insidious plans of tank domination.

reefwars
08-30-2012, 03:54 PM
It seems to foil their insidious plans of tank domination.

bahaha thats awesome.....damnit my plans foiled again by you meddling...humans!!! =''''p