PDA

View Full Version : Marine Magic Doser replacement tubing and plastic adapters

FragIt Dan
08-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Some people have been reporting issues with their marine magic doser. Specifically, I am having problems with the smaller hose in the pump head splitting and have not been able to source replacement tubing. I have tried IV tubing from the hospital of the same size and can't seem to get it to work. I have also broken a couple of those little tube adapters that go from the standard air tubing I use to run from the doser to the chambers and the tank.

I contacted Marine Magic today and he will be sending me out some replacement tubing and plastic adapters! I am looking for anyone else that may need this to see if he will send me a bunch and I just mail some out to people here, but I am afraid it might be DOZENS of people. Please let me know here if you are interested in some and perhaps contact Marine Magic as well to let them know there are a bunch of us, or else he may not send extra. The pieces are small enough I expect it should go regular mail inside Canada so should only be a dollar or two. I don't mind sending a few out on my bill to people, but if if ends up being a ton of people I might see if Marine Magic will cover it.

Thanks,
Dan

Smudge
08-28-2012, 12:00 AM
I would be in for some tubing and the adapters.

rocksteveo
08-28-2012, 12:02 AM
pm sent

Starry
08-28-2012, 12:43 AM
I would be in for some tubing and the adapters.

Same here.

Top-dogg
08-28-2012, 01:31 AM
me too.

FragIt Dan
09-01-2012, 03:02 AM
I sent a $15 payment to Marine Magic to cover the cost of getting a bunch of tubing and adapters. Not sure how long it will take but I will update here when it arrives. Those who have posted here already will get first dibs.
Dan

FragIt Dan
09-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Upon looking at the stock MM Doser tubing, it appears to be slightly larger than the IV tubing I found. I have looked at a supplier and they list a 4mm (5/32") and a 4.8mm (3/16") diameter (OD) tubing that seem to match up with the IV and stock tubing respectively. I believe it is the 3/16" size tubing that is required in case anyone is looking for an alternative source. There are also options in material (silicone vs Teflon) of which may influence success, but I have no idea the answer on that one.
Dan

kole
03-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Dan did you receive the replacement tubing? I just sent an email to marine magic to get some replacement tubing. I'm waiting for a reply. Did you source an alternate supply?