PDA

View Full Version : Type of Tang for a RED SEA MAX 250

Skimmerking
08-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Ok here is goes I'm thinking long and hard about getting a tang for a max 250. How ever aftering loosing LIPS my 10 yr old Kole Tang. I'm kinda sadden still on if I should get one or not. SO since I lost pretty much all my fishies what i have left is
a prawn Goby
A Zebra Dart fish
2 clowns that paired up
Mystery Wrasse
Yellow Wrasse
Leopard Wrasse
Labouti Wrasse

So i was thinking of a smaller tang like a Tommi Tanny
Chervon, ANother Kole tang

Enigma
08-26-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm thinking that the tank is too small for any tang: at around 65 gallons. What are the tank's actual dimensions? I've seen them in the store, but I'm not a good judge of measurements.

Edit: found the dimensions. 38 long? I personally like Kole Tangs.

Coralgurl
08-26-2012, 03:54 PM
I have a tomini tang and he chases my goby. The goby was in the tank first and still gets chased. I like the kole tangs as well.

fishytime
08-26-2012, 03:58 PM
you should probably scrap the chevron idea....they are the largest of the bristletooth tangs and can max out at about 15".......kole or tominni would be a better fit....

Bblinks
08-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Smaller purple, yellow, or kole.

naesco
08-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Please follow Enigma's advice.

Your tank is too small for a tang.
Tangs are swimmers. They spend their whole day swimming to and fro.
Small tanks like yours does not give them the room to do what they do best: swim

It wont be long before you have a chance to upgrade to a 6 footer. Until then there are lots of fish in the sea that are suitable for your tank.

Thanks for asking.

Wayne

FishyFishy!
08-27-2012, 08:12 PM
The only one I would put in there would be a small Kole Tang. Everything else would be to big.

reefwars
08-27-2012, 08:28 PM
mike get another juvie kole tag he would do well for a long time before upgrading plus beautiful fish:)

MMAX
08-27-2012, 11:28 PM
Scopas? I know kinda dull colored but just put one in my tank and he's a perfect fit.

Enigma
08-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Please follow Enigma's advice.

Enigma offered no advice. ;)

After researching the dimensions of the tank, I think that in capable and experienced hands, a small tang might work out alright in there.

While I personally wouldn't put a tang in there, Skimmer King is much more experienced than me.

mataconda
08-28-2012, 01:40 AM
You could put a very small yellow or regal in there, but you would have to eventually either get a bigger tank or trade off the fish.

Nano
08-28-2012, 01:50 AM
2 adult sailfins...............

No not that.

Scopa or kole IMO. Both nice smallish tangs :P I can't wait to have a big enough tank for one. Probably a powder Brown, those are my favs.