PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good Bearded Dragon forum

Canuckgod420
08-25-2012, 07:11 PM
If anyone knows of a good one, let me know.
Just bought an 8 week out Sandfire? Bearded Dragon. It's been here for 2 days and is not eating. Is it just stress, cause its stressing out my wife?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Is it just stress, cause its stressing out my wife?

Based on talking to your wife & mine, HUSBANDS are the main cause of stress for wives, NOT lizards:wink::lol::lol::lol:

reefgirl189
08-25-2012, 08:14 PM
What are you feeding it? They really like dandelions and a variety of fruit and veggies. Kale is another good one to try to get them to eat. Also, crickets are a good staple in their diet. I'm sure you know all of this already but I have to ask.

magikof7
08-25-2012, 09:12 PM
It is Normal for him not to eat for a couple of days. make sure your crickets are the appropriate size for him. the space between his eyes is about the size of cricket you want.
Have a water source and plenty of Fresh salad finely chopped. Avoid Spinach especially during Growth. it interferes with the absorbtion of Calcium.
Make sure you remove any un eaten crickets. They will also cause him to stress they will bite and also eat his feces and you do not want your dragon eating the crickets after they have done that. :)

Another good way to make sure he stays hydrated is to soak him in warm water in a container for several minutes. They absorb water through their vent if you slowly pour water into the container the sound and splashing will also encourage him to drink. They are kinda dumb :-D

Good Luck with him!

magikof7
08-25-2012, 09:14 PM
I should add While he is small and growing he will need enourmous amounts of crickets. it should be his main diet until adult hood but always have fresh salad available too.

Nano
08-25-2012, 09:46 PM
We found kale, carrot tops danelions were good aldo chives an kiwi

Canuckgod420
08-25-2012, 11:17 PM
thanks for all the responses,

we have all the basic information on these little dudes, its just my wife tripping out that hes just sitting on his rock and not eating. She did however manage to get him to eat a cricket today, so I think its should come around and start feeding himself.

Aysha
08-26-2012, 01:54 AM
http://www.reptilescanada.com/

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-26-2012, 02:40 AM
If you want fresh kale, I grow a lot of it in my garden & greenhouse.