PDA

View Full Version : New Thread Tank Tour - Confirmed date - Sunday Sept 23

howdy20012002
08-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Being that I can't edit the other thread, I thought I would start a new one with the confirmed date at the start of the thread verses halfway through the thread.
attendance will come first come first serve off this thread just to keep it simple.
thanks
Neal

howdy20012002
08-25-2012, 02:17 PM
bump to the top.
please confirm participation
thanks
Neal

fishytime
08-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Laurie and I will still be in for both the tour and showing our tanks:thumb:

Adread
08-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Danielle and I would still love to join you all.

Thanks
Adam

howdy20012002
08-28-2012, 04:14 AM
bump

MarkoD
08-28-2012, 12:37 PM
What's a tank tour?

fishytime
08-28-2012, 03:47 PM
What's a tank tour?

well, the way these things work is.....we meet at Neal"s place.....hop into the limo and go to three or for different canreefers houses and check out their tanks....there is usually a stop at timmies somewhere in there and Neal has graciously offered to end the tour at his place with a BBQ....always a good time:biggrin:

reefwars
08-28-2012, 03:51 PM
well, the way these things work is.....we meet at Neal"s place.....hop into the limo and go to three or for different canreefers houses and check out their tanks....there is usually a stop at timmies somewhere in there and Neal has graciously offered to end the tour at his place with a BBQ....always a good time:biggrin:

:( im pouting today:(:(

Adread
08-28-2012, 05:17 PM
You don't have to pout...it's just a three hour drive away for a fun day!

MarkoD
08-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Letting a bunch of strangers into your house? Sounds like a good way to get robbed

Borderjumper
08-28-2012, 08:41 PM
Letting a bunch of strangers into your house? Sounds like a good way to get robbed

Yeah, I hear they are a sketchy crowd.:spy:

badfish!
08-28-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm in :biggrin:

MarkoD
08-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I hear they are a sketchy crowd.:spy:

I had a guy that came to buy something from me and wanted "too see my tank" I let him in quickly and it seemed like he was scoping my house

howdy20012002
08-28-2012, 11:53 PM
MarkoD - do you ever contribute beyond hijacking threads and attempt to cause drama?
this will be the 4th year we do this.
the first 3 years went without any subsequent breakins - pretty sure we are safe.
Neal

MarkoD
08-29-2012, 12:46 AM
MarkoD - do you ever contribute beyond hijacking threads and attempt to cause drama?
this will be the 4th year we do this.
the first 3 years went without any subsequent breakins - pretty sure we are safe.
Neal

i was just saying.

noirsphynx
08-29-2012, 02:31 AM
:( im pouting today:(:(

Me too Denny cause I'll miss out on the fun too:sad:.

ALang
08-29-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm still sitting on pins and needles, just in case my Hubby decides that THIS weekend will be the one to go for an extended drive SOMEWHERE. So I will keep you all posted.
MarkoD, the only thing that I scope out are puppies and kitties. Almost coaxed Laurie's cat into my jacket's pocket last year! ;p
We did have a lot of fun last year. A BBQ would cap it off nicely, thank you, Neal.

Felix
08-30-2012, 03:21 AM
Firstly, I'd still like to come :o)

Secondly, always interesting that the people who don't attend anything are the ones to knock it!

fishoholic
09-01-2012, 04:49 AM
I've been apart of the tours for the past 3 years and nothing has gone missing yet.........not even my cat despite Lenny and Doug's efforts :lol:

Edmonton newbie
09-01-2012, 02:35 PM
we will see how betty is doing on that weekend and yes its a good time
Marco ask your mommy if you can have some friends over to see the tank.

fishoholic
09-01-2012, 03:24 PM
I had a guy that came to buy something from me and wanted "too see my tank" I let him in quickly and it seemed like he was scoping my house

FYI it's pretty normal for people who buy stuff off you to want to come in and see your tank. Most people are in this hobby because they love it and enjoying seeing others set ups. Most people also like to chat about what you've done with your tanks and get ideas for themselves on how to improve on their tank or share advice on what worked well for their tank that might help your tank etc. etc. It's called being friendly, not necessarily someone trying to case out your place, but if you're not used to that sort of thing I can see how it could be confusing.

lockrookie
09-01-2012, 03:38 PM
True that and if your tank is your only thing of value..... I'd like to see someone walk off with my 180 lol

Have fun at the tour guys we had one last year it was ok maybe I should set something up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkoD
09-01-2012, 03:42 PM
FYI it's pretty normal for people who buy stuff off you to want to come in and see your tank. Most people are in this hobby because they love it and enjoying seeing others set ups. Most people also like to chat about what you've done with your tanks and get ideas for themselves on how to improve on their tank or share advice on what worked well for their tank that might help your tank etc. etc. It's called being friendly, not necessarily someone trying to case out your place, but if you're not used to that sort of thing I can see how it could be confusing.

im more than friendly to everyone who comes to buy things from me. I know the difference between someone wanting to see my tank. and someone looking around at other things making an excuse to use the front door instead of the back basement door (where the tank is). This guy had knee problems and he said it was easier for him to use the stairs than to walk down a slight slope to get to the back door.

my point was that i wouldnt just trust people i meet on canreef.

howdy20012002
09-03-2012, 05:28 PM
bump to the top.

reef-keeper
09-04-2012, 10:23 PM
I hope that I could make it this year I
I tried last and was called into work.

howdy20012002
09-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Bump to the top
anyone else want to offer their tanks for people to admire??

ELMO
09-10-2012, 05:15 AM
Nice meeting you today Neal.
I'm in.

Stefan

gregzz4
09-10-2012, 05:48 AM
im more than friendly to everyone who comes to buy things from me. I know the difference between someone wanting to see my tank. and someone looking around at other things making an excuse to use the front door instead of the back basement door (where the tank is). This guy had knee problems and he said it was easier for him to use the stairs than to walk down a slight slope to get to the back door.

my point was that i wouldnt just trust people i meet on canreef.
Maybe the guy needed to hang onto your stair railings ....
My in-laws can't walk down the side of our house to the back porch :surprise:
Sounds like you're either a poor judge of character, or too paranoid ...
But, if you're being followed, it's probably the CIA ( or The Lone Gunmen ) :razz:

I've never had anyone I've met on a fish forum make me question their motives, either on the phone, or in person

With that said, I've talked with lots of people from Craigslist that I refused to meet at my house ....

If your home is well protected, what's the big deal ?

We've been robbed before, 15 years ago, and I suspect I know who it was ...
We now have a monitored alarm, double dead bolts, motion, pad-locked windows, glass breakage etc and neighbours with dogs in the yard and neither of us have a fence ...
You're not getting in without setting something off, and you're sure not getting our stuff out the front or back doors :wink:
If it doesn't fit out the broken window, you're out of luck :razz:
And if you do get it, you worked hard for it and insurance will cover it ...
Heck, when we were robbed, all our stuff was upgraded :wink:

Oh, by the way, smile for the cameras while you're here, the cops will like that on the files :rolleyes:

Hope the tank tour is lots of fun everyone :mrgreen: I'd be all over one here

howdy20012002
09-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Hello All
Due to unforseen and unavoidable circumstances, the tank tour is going to have to be pushed back a week.
I am truly sorry if this means that people are unable to attend.
Unfortunately I cannot help it.
new date - Sept 23.

howdy20012002
09-12-2012, 04:13 AM
Bump to the top to make sure everyone notices that change
once again, sorry to everyone for the date change.
Neal

Adread
09-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Ah crap, sorry Neal but we'll be out of town next weekend so unfortunately Danielle and I will be out for this tour.

Sorry
Adam

ELMO
09-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Where do we meet to start the tour?

fishytime
09-16-2012, 03:24 PM
the tour got bumped to next Sunday....Neal will post the address later in the week...

howdy20012002
09-19-2012, 05:01 AM
Hello all
I am sorry for the confusion on this.
I am just finding it very difficult to make this come together.
I work at least 40 hours a week for my limo company.
Additionally, I started my 4th year of university 2 weeks ago and spend about 25hours a week at school, never mind the extra time for projects, reading, papers etc.
I have also been trying to start up yet another business for so long now that it has become a standing joke with my friends...(on a good note, finally the end is in sight)
Additionally, I have about 3000 gallons of fish tanks spread throughout my house and my shop which take up a huge part of my time at well.

Due to my extremely chaotic schedule, my house and tanks are in utter disarray.
point blank, I am feeling overwhelmed at this point of time
I am very sorry to say, but this will have to be delayed to another time....after my other business is actually up and running.
I will post another thread when I can find some time to make this happen.
once again, I am truly sorry.
Neal

howdy20012002
09-20-2012, 02:47 AM
Bump
want to make sure people have seen this
thanks
Neal

fishoholic
09-20-2012, 04:57 AM
No worries Neal it's better to plan it when you're not so busy.

ALang
09-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Neal,
When things cool down a bit, another pile is sure to happen:wink:.
Take it easy. We appreciate what you do for us, and we can certainly wait for a better date if need be.
I hope that you get what you need done. Don't need to worry, the tanks can wait.
Cheers, Lenny.