PDA

View Full Version : Sun Coral

Chad
04-08-2004, 05:53 PM
Hiya,

I bought a sun coral a week or so ago. I don't have a problem really, more of an observation. I have been feeding it daily just to boost it up and make sure its healthy. After feeding it, about 8 hours later, the polyps start to expell the food I gave them. For the most part the ditrius looks rather undigested. Is this normal? I would expect it to be un-recognizable but I can clearly see the brine shrimp. Basicly whole.

am I feeding it too much? I am just feeding brine shrimp and a marine ocean blend of mysis and other stuff..

thanks for the help.

Son Of Skyline
04-08-2004, 06:13 PM
My guess is that you're overfeeding it. I've never had a sun coral expell food like that unless I stuffed it to the point where it physically could not hold anymore food in.

Diomedes
04-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Tubastrea micrantha can be a picky eater, Chad...have you tried other more natural foods? - (mysis small or chopped up?, well ground up fish flesh?) I also suggest storm feeding with mash preps like formula 1 or Prime reef...check your PMs I finally got back to you. Storm feeding may be the way to go with this little guy.

Stephen