PDA

View Full Version : Some time to kill...

TANGOMAN
04-08-2004, 02:57 PM
The Calgary board has fallen rather quiet as of late so what better time for a new story. I recall Alan once said if he's ever feelin' down and blue he'd search all posts by Tangoman to pick-up his spirits...well here's another one for ya' buddy.
My 90g has completed it's six week fishless existance after the ich invasion and for the past few days I've been "doing the rockwork". Once again I'm in the middle of a standoff with a black spiney urchin. Hence the reson it's taken a few days. :evil: This morning as I'm searching the clouded tank for "just the right rock" I felt a sensation in my finger that brought a tear to my eye. That tear was not from joy...wouldn't ya' know it, I forgot about the urchin. I got a spine under the fingernail. Of course not expecting it I slowly removed my hand from the tank... :rolleyes: . Ya' right ! Water flies everywhere as reflexes take over. There were a few choice words spoken rather loudly. Once again the curious cats realized they'd better vacate the area fast. I've got a black line under my fingernail right up to the cuticle. I think the spine busted off inside my body and it hurts like...well, you know. I shouldn't be a baby though as I'm sure it'll hurt more tomorrow !
I've got my 'ol grey sweatpants on and the one leg is soaked from the crotch to the knee. I look as if I'm suffering from a bladder control problem. Wouldn't this be an oportune time for the bible people to knock on my door and talk about our saviour... :lol: .
Anyhow, I should go and see if the demon has gotten out of the area I need to complete.
You have yourself a nice day now... 0X:

Delphinus
04-08-2004, 03:41 PM
Owwwweeeee. :eek:

Hope your finger recovers quickly!!!

Canadian Man
04-08-2004, 05:19 PM
:lol:

christyf5
04-08-2004, 05:58 PM
I've got my 'ol grey sweatpants on and the one leg is soaked from the crotch to the knee. I look as if I'm suffering from a bladder control problem. Wouldn't this be an oportune time for the bible people to knock on my door and talk about our saviour... :lol: .

Ahh, that was the laugh I needed to combat my craptastic day. Thanks Doug! :mrgreen:

Trevor Robertson
04-08-2004, 07:56 PM
ouch I feel for you man, I have forgoten a few times about my urchin but I lucked out that he was on the other side of the tank.

I hope things work out for you.

EmilyB
04-08-2004, 08:12 PM
Now Doug, that is gonna be EXCRUTIATINGLY painful. :eek: You better go get it pulled. :razz:

I swear you are the local Deuce Bigalow.. :lol:

AJ_77
04-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Is this a variation on a torture technique that you're testing?? OUCH!

On the other hand, more good stuff from the king...

aussiefishy
04-10-2004, 12:12 AM
obviously there must be some unfriendly reasons why some of us stop posting all together... i wonder what... :rolleyes:

AJ_77
04-10-2004, 12:17 AM
obviously there must be some unfriendly reasons why some of us stop posting all together... i wonder what... :rolleyes:
hyper-sensitivity, dude...
:biggrin:

Bob I
04-10-2004, 12:35 AM
This for sure is not the place for the hyper-sensitive. It is best to let the real or perceived insults roll off one's back, and carry on regardless. My motto is; "Never enter into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent". Needless to say that has saved me a lot of aggravation. :BIG:

I will say, however, that it is not easy to keep a sense of perspective when some goof tells you it would be better if you left the board, as it happened to Eric some time back. :rolleyes:

kari
04-10-2004, 04:52 AM
Black spiney urchins are so cool!

Doug, I hear if you pee all over your arm you will feel much better.

I hope things get better soon and not turn ugly.

Kari

EmilyB
04-10-2004, 08:16 AM
So what is it you are trying to say boB.... :question: :lol: :razz:

aussiefishy
04-12-2004, 12:29 AM
what bob is saying is that SOME people are over sensitive, arrogant and narrow-minded.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

AJ_77
04-12-2004, 12:32 AM
what bob is saying is that SOME people are over sensitive, arrogant and narrow-minded.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Well then, you two are a pair I guess. :rolleyes:

Could we keep on-topic? Something about Doug and an urchin?
How is your finger, Doug?

Buccaneer
04-12-2004, 01:01 AM
Could we keep on-topic? Something about Doug and an urchin?
How is your finger, Doug?

Doug ... Kari's suggestion really does work as I have had to do that myself more than once :eek:

TANGOMAN
04-12-2004, 06:10 AM
I must be missin' somenthin' here... :confused: . Let's stay on topic, after all, it's about me. It's always about me... :rolleyes: . Anyway, the fingers fine. I'm assuming the spine never broke off as the next day there was only mild discomfort. Perhaps just a poor paint job on the urchin and it "flaked off" under the fingernail. :rolleyes: . You'd think after all them years with Volitans I'd have been used to watching the surroundings. No more tank maintenance before 8:00 am !!!
Pee on my finger ? Like on purpose...? That sounds like one of Madona's obsessions... :lol:

AJ_77
04-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Like on purpose...?
:rofl:

oh that's funny!

Orion80
04-13-2004, 02:04 PM
Tahnx for the morning funnies, hate to say I would laugh at another mans misfortune, but damn is that funny...
Adolph