PDA

View Full Version : guys vs girls reeftanks.....the ultimate contest!!!

reefwars
08-16-2012, 05:03 PM
ok guys and gals so ive been informed that the ladies do a better reeftank then the guys......well im curious is that true...

well theres one way to find out and here we go!!

ladies post your tank fts and if you like add a small bio about your tanks info in the ladies thread, guys do the same in the guys thread, after one month from today ill start a poll to see who canreef members think make a nicer reeftanks....the ladies with their attention to detail or the men with their stubborn toys!!!

pls do not post pics here, use this thread to talk smack if you like:)

there is no prize besides bragging rights but if one of the sponsors wanted to contribute a prize that would be cool:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

get out your cameras folks its gonna be tight!!!

reefwars
08-16-2012, 05:06 PM
this is gonna get tangly lol what have i got myself into now lol:P:P:P

mrhasan
08-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Time to dig a burrow for my own protection :P

reefwars
08-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Time to dig a burrow for my own protection :P

no need to hide from the ladies man we got this one hands down!!!:P:P

mrhasan
08-16-2012, 06:02 PM
I am just waiting to steel some ideas from the upcoming pics for my new tank so I definitely need a burrow so that no one can notice me :P :twised:

lockrookie
08-16-2012, 06:13 PM
ill wait to see how it pans out here before i post anything tanks still maturing and i need to clean the 50 :)

reefwars
08-16-2012, 06:22 PM
ill wait to see how it pans out here before i post anything tanks still maturing and i need to clean the 50 :)

clean er up and get some pics jeff im in the same boat but gonna clean it and i borrowd my buddys camera hehe :P:P

reefwars
08-16-2012, 06:23 PM
link to the guys thread for pics:
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88885

link to the girls thread for pics:
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88886

globaldesigns
08-16-2012, 06:53 PM
no need to hide from the ladies man we got this one hands down!!!:P:P

removed

Seriak
08-16-2012, 07:01 PM
This is an interesting idea. BUT, as it is a no brainer that guys tanks are better, I won't even bother breaking out the camera. The woman will do themselves in just by posting their pictures. :)

I think I am going to suffer for the next 30 lifetimes for this comment. ;)

Coralgurl
08-16-2012, 07:13 PM
This is an interesting idea. BUT, as it is a no brainer that guys tanks are better, I won't even bother breaking out the camera. The woman will do themselves in just by posting their pictures. :)

I think I am going to suffer for the next 30 lifetimes for this comment. ;)

Ouch....you'd better post a pic to back this up!!! :mrgreen:

Seriak
08-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Ouch....you'd better post a pic to back this up!!! :mrgreen:

Does it have to be a picture of my tank!! :)

Borderjumper
08-16-2012, 07:29 PM

See, this is the difference between guys and girls.. You guys are always comparing "stuff" and trying to out do each other.

We girls stick together and complement each other, and don't feel the need to compete. We know we have good stuff and I for one see no reason to have to prove myself..

battle on boyz. This is priceless.....:mrgreen:

Zoaelite
08-16-2012, 08:09 PM
See, this is the difference between guys and girls.. You guys are always comparing "stuff" and trying to out do each other.

We girls stick together and complement each other, and don't feel the need to compete. We know we have good stuff and I for one see no reason to have to prove myself..

Such a girl thing to say :wink:.

reefwars
08-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Such a girl thing to say :wink:.

lmfao!!

globaldesigns
08-16-2012, 08:11 PM

HEHE, yeah right... As an ex DJ who has done many ladies nights.... Put a bunch of you together with naked men, and you all turn against each other and go nuts!!! I don't believe.:biggrin:

Coralgurl
08-16-2012, 08:14 PM

I'm sensing fear of losing to the women!! That's ok, we are usually pretty sympathic....:lol:

fishytime
08-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Does it have to be a current FTS?..... The new tank isn't much to look at ATM

reefwars
08-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Does it have to be a current FTS?..... The new tank isn't much to look at ATM

nope anytank is good since your a guy and its what you did:P

doesnt have to be a current tank folks just show us what the guys can build and what the gals can build:):)

reefwars
08-16-2012, 10:06 PM
the guys are just rolling in the tanks now eh:P

lets go ladies i know alot of you have the coolest tanks on here !!!

Littlefishy
08-16-2012, 10:18 PM
As soon as I am done rearranging! :) we allowed any close ups of anything noteworthy?

reefwars
08-16-2012, 10:49 PM
As soon as I am done rearranging! :) we allowed any close ups of anything noteworthy?

sure throw it all in the same posts infact a fts and some close ups would be ideal:P

reefgirl189
08-16-2012, 11:25 PM
My tank's only 9 months old and is my first SW. There's no way I can compare to some of the canreefers that have years of experience and deep pockets to back it up ;)

reefwars
08-16-2012, 11:40 PM
My tank's only 9 months old and is my first SW. There's no way I can compare to some of the canreefers that have years of experience and deep pockets to back it up ;)

dont sell yourself short i bet its nice lets see some pics:):)

daplatapus
08-17-2012, 12:33 AM
This is my first SW tank as well and mine was started Sept 1st 2011 so only a couple months older than yours :) Let see it...

lpsreefer
08-17-2012, 01:18 AM
I know a few couples out there also do they get to post in both forums?

reefwars
08-17-2012, 03:32 AM
I know a few couples out there also do they get to post in both forums?

nope guys for the guys, girls for the girls......could be tricky and cometeive for the couples though!!:P

gregzz4
08-17-2012, 04:06 AM
Sure are some awefully nice pics showing up

Aquattro
08-17-2012, 04:11 AM
Sure are some awefully nice pics showing up

And Christy is out of town, not sure where Mindy is...both nice tanks...

Bblinks
08-17-2012, 04:22 AM
I was just gonna say where are the island girls?! Sorry ladies but i think you girls are in need of some help! WINNING! lol

gregzz4
08-17-2012, 04:25 AM
Guess we're just more competitive than they are, or they're scared to lose ( OH now I've done it ) :razz:

reefwars
08-17-2012, 04:29 AM

I was just gonna say where are the island girls?! Sorry ladies but i think you girls are in need of some help! WINNING! lol

lets hope they dont see this lol !!!!

Coasting
08-17-2012, 04:50 AM
I dont know how fair this is.... There are A LOT more guys around here then girls....
I think we're a bit out numbered.... :sad:

lockrookie
08-17-2012, 04:53 AM
its not about quantity its about quality.. and i think reefwars is lonely and this is a good way to find out who all the women are on the forum lol j/k buddy lol

daplatapus
08-17-2012, 04:54 AM
its not about quantity its about quality.. and i think reefwars is lonely and this is a good way to find out who all the women are on the forum lol j/k buddy lol

ROFL :D

fishoholic
08-17-2012, 04:58 AM
Game on boyz!
I think I'll help Christy and Mindy out until they can post

Aquattro
08-17-2012, 05:19 AM

Sort of a remake on Mike's "post pics of yourself" threads, eh? :razz:

lockrookie
08-17-2012, 05:25 AM
i cant talk i met my wife in a telnet chat room.we saw each other in person 4 times 4th time was our wedding day.. drove back here from NY and this year is year ten,,, and i havent had to "sleep with the fishes" yet..

reefwars
08-17-2012, 12:53 PM
its not about quantity its about quality

Exactly its overall who makes nicer tanks:) and there's still lots of time the ladies are smart and using the full month to get killer pics...we guys are a bit more "here it is" approach lol remember guys chicks are sneaky lol:)

Littlefishy
08-17-2012, 02:15 PM
remember guys chicks are sneaky lol:)

And don't you forget it! Wise words

sphelps
08-17-2012, 02:27 PM
If you do setup some kind of voting for this "contest" just remember guys out number girls by a significant amount and regardless of whether girls have better tanks or not they can easily be out voted by us guys. So make sure you do something to make it a fair fight.

Oh and if I post my tank pics it will be under the girls thread, sorry guys but my tanks would never be anything special without my wife's constant approval, ability of picking "pretty things" and her special skill of continuously nitpicking and pointing out all the flaws I have to fix.

reefwars
08-17-2012, 03:10 PM
True so maybe a few unbiased judges would be a better approach??

Lets not count our clown eggs before they hatch the ladies are cooking up something good;)

Littlefishy
08-17-2012, 08:29 PM
and if I post my tank pics it will be under the girls thread, sorry guys but my tanks would never be anything special without my wife's constant approval, ability of picking "pretty things" and her special skill of continuously nitpicking and pointing out all the flaws I have to fix.

Awesome! Glad to have you on our team :) cheers to your wife.

reefgirl189
08-18-2012, 01:40 AM
We are having a tank maintenance weekend. Re-plumbing the overflows and cleaning the sump. Yay.... so tank is really cloudy and I'll try to post a pic when it clears up and looks great in 1-2 years ;)

fishoholic
08-18-2012, 03:35 AM
Awesome! Glad to have you on our team :) cheers to your wife.

+1

wmcinnes
08-18-2012, 05:00 AM
What would you consider and unbiased judge in this case? A hermaphrodite? :lol::lol:

sphelps
08-18-2012, 02:27 PM
An idea perhaps..
Nominate team leader for each team, team leader pics 10 photos from their team, 10 photos from each team posted anonymously on something like facebook or another forum. Whatever team gets the most votes/likes (combined) wins.

reefwars
08-23-2012, 02:18 AM
An idea perhaps..
Nominate team leader for each team, team leader pics 10 photos from their team, 10 photos from each team posted anonymously on something like facebook or another forum. Whatever team gets the most votes/likes (combined) wins.

thats actually an awesome idea if everyones down for it i can have the voting on my facebook reefpage, ill get it set up :)

in the mean time heres one for the fellas:P

25g bonzai cube 24hours old:P:P

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad85/reefwars/25g%20bonzai%20tree%20tank/IMG_7070.jpg?t=1345435541

and heres a video:P

http://s924.photobucket.com/albums/ad85/reefwars/25g%20bonzai%20tree%20tank/?action=view&current=IMG_7071.mp4

and a harlequin shrimp video:P

http://s924.photobucket.com/albums/ad85/reefwars/25g%20bonzai%20tree%20tank/?action=view&current=IMG_7137.mp4