PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish Terror!

Littlefishy
08-16-2012, 12:53 AM
Anyone else get attacked by their clownfish and repeatedly bitten when they put their hands in their tank? It just started doing this, never has before... Any advice?!

Borderjumper
08-16-2012, 12:54 AM
Anyone else get attacked by their clownfish and repeatedly bitten when they put their hands in their tank? It just started doing this, never has before... Any advice?!

Yes, my advise is, don't put your hands in the tank:mrgreen:

lockrookie
08-16-2012, 01:02 AM
clowns are territorial and evil and in my case have a habit of flying out of the tank at my face.. wear gloves fro your hands if they are biting your arms use the long gloves or get used to the bites.. and remind yourself that they look cute and thats why you put up with it

marblesab
08-16-2012, 01:14 AM
On the next Maury "Attack of the killer clownfish!!!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist. So far(*knocks on wood*) my clowns are pretty easy going!

Aysha
08-16-2012, 01:28 AM
Mine pulled a 360 into a terror clown fish after I removed their favorite rock from the tank.

toxic111
08-16-2012, 02:30 AM
Welcome to the club.. they can & will bite any time you put your hand in the tank

dc4
08-16-2012, 02:43 AM
Mine do that when I get near their nem, it doesn't hurt but it is bit startling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

arash53
08-16-2012, 02:47 AM
Mine just cut my pink monti cap in a half in front me :(!!!!
I moved the monti cap a little bit over the RBTA and they didnt like it!!

both together pushed the monti and broke it in a half!

before
http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww353/arash53/DSC_0012.jpg

after:
http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww353/arash53/65686C1F-96B7-4A40-AFCB-AD6F72DBF2CD-18025-00000AD4F2AF0FDA.jpg

Littlefishy
08-16-2012, 05:17 PM
I have been wearing gloves and you know what? He goes for the couple of inches of exposed skin from my wrist up. I have noticed he doesn't even pay any attention to me if I go in with my red gloves... Weird! It doesn't hurt (unless he gets a good one) but yes it definitely startles you if he sneaks up on you! I guess at least I am not alone...

Reef Puffer
08-16-2012, 05:28 PM
are nasty little buggers! my maroon goes for the flesh right between my fingers. to the point that i tried to sell him! when i finally got him out of my tank i put him in a time out tank. he never sold. i missed him so much i ended up putting him back in the DT. they are so cute arnt they..... am starting to remember again why i took him out in the first place!! he keeps my yellow tang in check tho. without him my pink/blue spotted goby gets his ass kicked.

Littlefishy
08-16-2012, 05:34 PM
I guess all part of the hierarchy! So odd how mine was so peaceful until one day... SNAP!

mohammadali
08-17-2012, 02:21 AM
how can you manage this tank ?
packed with all healthy coral and anemone , dont they sting each other ?

i have 2 GBTA they sting candy cane or anything around em they just moving around

you have a beautiful tank arash

tang daddy
08-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Depending on the clownfish some are alot more nastier than others... I use to get bitten hard by a rogue clarki but I fought him a few lessons... The hand that bit back!$@ lol. I would flick him with my finger not too hard that it would kill him but hard enough to let him know who was boss, after the 5th time whenever I made my hand look like it was going to flick he never came close, and who could blame him, imagine if an elephant hit you with a trunk you would steer away too....

As for my percs they sometimes bite abit and maybe more of a nudge to say I am hungoly!! feed me... But I have had to pull the flicking finger once or twice on them never flicked but just to show them that it could go off like a wild cannon....

It's all about respect, train your fish people. Don't be a slave to your pet nor inslave your pet, gain the upper hand and respect!