PDA

View Full Version : thinking of this for the near future..

Skimmerking
04-08-2004, 01:47 AM
well i was thinking of doing a FOWLR
and this is my problem i saw on another board tha a guy was selling clown trigger and a queen angel and i started to think.... again YES I Was

thinking
yes i could cut down the 280 gal tank and make a small tank say like 72x30x20 and have
say
1x hippo tang
1x powder brown
blue face angel
queen angel
clown trigger
fox face
KORAN ANGEL

do you think that is too much
in that tank
lighting will be 1 x 660
1x72 "white and 1x 72" actinic
and 1x glo-mat with 2x 40w actinic phillips
with a euro reef skimmer say a cs-8
and a 3md for a return or a mak-4 for a return
and 150 lbs of fiji rock
and no sand bed 1-2 " CC
what do you think of that.
the over flows will be 1" returns along with a center 2" over flow with 1.5 " bulk head

any comments please send it out no sugar coating on this.

mike

Skimmerking
04-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Well i may have my eye on a 180 for this 300 dollars from a friend glass is polished edges lazer cut with 3/4 " holes spread out across the back.
the tank is disassembled

mike please any comments let me know

Skimmerking
04-09-2004, 08:55 PM
I cant believe that no one has any thing to say about this setup..

I CANT SPEAK

mike

martym
04-09-2004, 09:06 PM
The only things I could say is, would the tangs be ok with the aqqressive fish. And is all that LR nessasary for a fish only tank? I would with half the rock for more swimming area, and get a cannister filter. JMO.

kuatto
04-09-2004, 09:12 PM
Mike
The clown trigger would worry me with the lion,triggers(not all)tend to pull lions apart,fin by fin.

Jim

Skimmerking
04-09-2004, 10:09 PM
New list for you jim.

1x hippo tang
1x powder brown
blue face angel
queen angel
clown trigger
fox face
KORAN ANGEL

kuatto
04-09-2004, 10:19 PM
Hmm....will the queen and clown get along?From what I remember both require alot of space.If it was me,I'd leave out the 2 most aggressive(queen and clown)The rest should be ok(maybe someone with more exsperience with these fish can comment?)

Jim

Skimmerking
04-09-2004, 10:28 PM
1x hippo tang
1x powder brown
blue face angel
queen angel
fox face
KORAN ANGEL

there anyone would like to ad to the list and take out somthing
please feel free..

Bob I
04-09-2004, 10:46 PM
Are you putting the cart before the horse Mike :question: :lol: . The way I read it is that you as yet have no tank, but you are worrying about what to put into this imaginary tank. :rolleyes: . OK I don't get it :eek: . Time to open a bottlle. :mrgreen:

Skimmerking
04-10-2004, 12:06 AM
BOB are you smoking dope or what :exclaim:. is there somthing that you dont get..
I'm curious on what to put into a tank when i start one up. I'm getting some feed back from the others here. On this tank that i'm going to be starting up it is that ok.

mike

Buccaneer
04-10-2004, 05:43 AM
Time to open a bottlle. :mrgreen:

Time to put the bottle down boB and push away from the table :rolleyes: ... dude is looking for opinions but not your type of opinion apparently :eek: :razz: :mrgreen:

Skimmerking
04-12-2004, 12:52 AM
no its not that, its the way Bob comes off with his smart ass opinions.

I was mearly asking on what you people thought about it that 's all

I like to plan well ahead , So if there anything that will go wrong it will happen on the planning stage ..

thats all

Buccaneer
04-12-2004, 01:05 AM
no its not that, its the way Bob comes off with his smart ass opinions.

I was mearly asking on what you people thought about it that 's all

I like to plan well ahead , So if there anything that will go wrong it will happen on the planning stage ..

thats all

That was my point also Mike ... I was suggesting he not comment further as his first comment out of line :rolleyes:

Skimmerking
04-12-2004, 01:41 AM
not a problem there. miss read the post was just explaining on the post to ay ..

mike