PDA

View Full Version : Is this "normal"?

marblesab
08-14-2012, 02:55 AM
Ok, I got a snail a new snail and I noticed that it came with two little hitch hikers. Now I've learned that not all hitch hikers are good, so I thought I would post here and see if they are something I should attempt to remove, or if I should just leave them as they are.

Yes, they are both alive.

....So, what do you think?

noirsphynx
08-14-2012, 04:09 AM
I have a baby clam(?) like that too but mine's on an empty clam shell.

reefwars
08-14-2012, 04:17 AM
its a clam i also have one too, ive been told they dont live long in aquariums but mines going strong....mines brown though lol

noirsphynx
08-14-2012, 05:19 AM
its a clam i also have one too, ive been told they dont live long in aquariums but mines going strong....mines brown though lol

Mine's doing well too. I've had it a year now and it's survived a mishap in my tank (that killed the clam it's attached too) and a tank move. Mine's blue/green.

marblesab
08-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. I knew they were clams but wasn't sure if them being attached to the shell of the snail was something worth worrying about or not. Its kind of neat seeing them piggy back on the shell of the snail, lol. I guess i'll enjoy the three critters while they're around!

wmcinnes
08-15-2012, 03:07 AM
i have an oyster growing in my zoa colony! or at least what looks to be an oyster haha:lol:

marblesab
08-15-2012, 05:26 AM
LOL really Wayne?! It's crazy the critters we find!

wmcinnes
08-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Yeah! Started out real small but it has grown quite a bit!