PDA

View Full Version : Berghia (Vancouver)

dc4
08-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Hey guys, Im going to placing an order for berghia as they are getting too hard to maintain and starting to grow on my zoa plugs/discs which in turn are causing them to stay closed. I am most likely going to pick them up stateside and bring them back with me as shipping costs to Canada are quite high. Since I was bringing some back, I wanted to see if anyone else wanted any. To make things easier for me, only orders in multiples of 5 will be taken as I dont want to be seperating bags of 2-3 berghia, if you need less that 5, see if you can split it with someone else. Sizing will vary but most will be in th 1/4" size. Pricing would depend on the final amount of berghia but they wont be more than $12usd and no less than $8usd, these prices include shipping. Depending on the final price, I can cover the exchange unless it ends up being crazy. Payment in full needed before I place the order as I cant get stuck with these as they will die without enough aptasia to eat. If we have dealt inAfter they rid your tank of aptasia, you can pass them off to another reefer or trade them in for some credit. Ill wait on my order for a few days before placing it and once placed it will take about a week or so before shipment. The only day I have available to pick them up, would be a Saturday so you would have to pick them up that day as well.

Just quote and add your name and how many you want.

1. dc4 (10)

Snaz
08-12-2012, 09:18 PM
You can buy them in Burnaby from canreefer Monocous, he breeds and sells them. Nice setup too.

dc4
08-12-2012, 09:31 PM
You can buy them in Burnaby from canreefer Monocous, he breeds and sells them. Nice setup too.

I msged him before looking elsewhere and he had none that were ready until next month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

monocus
08-12-2012, 10:00 PM
i have around 60-70 .most are under 1/2";but i do have a number that are 5/8"or over.i won't sell them under that size as they don't transport well when they are small .when i first started at my present house, i got 12 1/4" long and only two survived.the first time i started breeding i got 8 5/8 long and all survived(same setup).i would rather sell a good product at a reasonable price,than pump them out as fast as i can for a quick buck(when i first started breeding berghia they were $40 each.if you need them immediately,give me a call and i'll help you out

dc4
08-12-2012, 10:08 PM
i have around 60-70 .most are under 1/2";but i do have a number that are 5/8"or over.i won't sell them under that size as they don't transport well when they are small .when i first started at my present house, i got 12 1/4" long and only two survived.the first time i started breeding i got 8 5/8 long and all survived(same setup).i would rather sell a good product at a reasonable price,than pump them out as fast as i can for a quick buck(when i first started breeding berghia they were $40 each.if you need them immediately,give me a call and i'll help you out

You have pm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Frankly Canadian
08-13-2012, 12:51 PM
I would like some, however I will not be in Vancouver/ Burnaby until the second week in September. I hope you can help me out with this, thank you.

monocus
08-13-2012, 05:45 PM
no problem

dc4
08-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Ok, so im going to try a cbb first and then if that doesn work out, Ill grab some berghias from Bill.

Frankly Canadian
08-13-2012, 11:16 PM
Great, I have a 90gal with 20gal sump and a 20gal refugium, 100lbs live rock with lots of growth. I have lost my battle with apstasia for the last couple of years, so every rock has numerous amount. I can isolate these Bergia from my crabs and Yellow Tang, and Wrasse in my refugium, and just add the rock to the refugium tank. How many do you think I need to buy? I was thinking a half a dozen or so?
P.S. I will be there for one day only for September 11, 2012, hopefully this is o.k.