PDA

View Full Version : Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

Enigma
08-12-2012, 04:18 PM
I add a Scarlette Skunk Cleaner shrimp to my system yesterday.

Any idea how long it will be until the fish will allow it to come near them? It tried to sneak up on a green chromis today, and the fish seemed to find it rather alarming.

daplatapus
08-12-2012, 04:26 PM
It takes a while. Mine's been in there for almost 8 months and some fish still won't allow it to get close. When my friends tank crashed and I took in 2 schooling banner fish, they immediately went to it and let him clean them. My yellow eye Kole tang let's him clean him every now and then and my flame angel too. My clowns and fire fish can't be bothered.
My starry blenny is at him almost every day and lets the cleaner clean his teeth, it's weird to see :)
But I'd say at least a month or more for most fish. That's been my experience anyway...

Enigma
08-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks :) I was hoping it would be fast . . . But I guess my captive bred fish (clowns and Bangaii cardinal) will have zero idea what this guy is all about.

My Black occ. has a white spot on one of her fins (could be something as simple as a copepod molt . . . If they molt), and I was hoping the cleaner would whisk it away quickly.

The shrimp is odd. This is my first experience with one, and I'm not really sure what to expect from it. :o