PDA

View Full Version : Meh.. Just lost my Birdnest colony :( What now?

ashr
08-12-2012, 05:36 AM
So I got home from a day of boating to find my volly ball sized birds nest colony half white and dead with other parts just melting away from the skeleton.. Im pretty sure it was RTN as it looked find not 8-10 hours go.

I removed the whole colony.. clipped off some parts that still looked good and dumped the rest. I also added carbon. I am getting new water for a water change.

Any thing else I should do at this point? :( :( :(

FragIt Dan
08-12-2012, 06:33 AM
Maybe do a run of tests to see if one of your parameters is off? Take a close look at your remaining pieces to make sure it isn't red bugs. Always nice to find a smoking gun... good luck.
Dan

ashr
08-12-2012, 03:37 PM
I will run all my tests today.. Maybe I didnt need to scrap the whole colony but I didnt want to take any chances :( BN grow fast so thats not to bad.

One thing that was happening for a while was all the tips where getting bubbles under the tissue. Like it was full on air and then deflated.. not sure why this was happening.. but there was lots of tissue hanging off all the tips.

This was right at the top of the tank under my T5's

Jeff000
08-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Sorry to here.
What is RTN?

I'd have let the skeleton bleach in the sun, would have looked great on a shelf, never see a dry one that big.

RedCoralEdmonton
08-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Rapid Tissue Necrosis

Steve

ashr
08-12-2012, 08:21 PM
I thought about drying it after the fact myslef :( all ready broke up though