View Full Version : Saltwater in Langley now

spit.fire
08-11-2012, 01:37 AM
Puppies fish and critters, formerly know as fish world carries saltwater now and just got a big shipment in. Just picked up a couple clams, some corals and a tang for my 300gallon

Snaz
08-11-2012, 01:57 AM
Yes I was in today and met new owner Dave. He is currently building new salt tanks, two online with three more coming. Nice to have saltwater back in Langley.

Bblinks
08-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Sweet, what's te address to this fish world you speak of, I must check it out.

apexifd
08-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Sweet, what's te address to this fish world you speak of, I must check it out.

+1

Snaz
08-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Puppies Fish & Critters
1 (604) 514-3474
Suite 7-19300 Langley Bypass, Surrey, BC V3S 7R2
http://m.google.ca/u/m/x9HvIv

Lampshade
08-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Is it new owners? Or just a new name? Fish world carried a limited amount of salt stuff for a while, I used to live a couple blocks from there.

spit.fire
08-12-2012, 12:34 AM
New owner now, hes not in much tho, he owns the pet store in Scottsdale mall

Nizzmo
08-12-2012, 03:49 PM
fish world was dope... just a bit far from abby. do they have a website?

2bafish
08-12-2012, 04:06 PM
fish world was dope... just a bit far from abby. do they have a website?

Not a very good one yet, its more geared towards all pets. . I do agree that the store is working hard to set up more saltwater stuff. Its about time lol

Snaz
08-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Dave the owner said his wife well posting new shipment photos on their Facebook site... I don't do FB so I can't say where it is.

dabandit1
12-30-2012, 10:04 PM
That place is a joke a bunch of puppies in a 4x4 cage jumping around in their own feces and urine....says all you need to know right there. What little marine livestock they have looks sick or dying.

duncangweller
12-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Petland in langley also carries salt water stuff to. They have just expanded their previously limited salt water tanks to about a third of the store. Most of the stuff looks.healthy, I have spotted the odd dead'un here and there though

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

2bafish
12-31-2012, 02:41 AM
That place is a joke a bunch of puppies in a 4x4 cage jumping around in their own feces and urine....says all you need to know right there. What little marine livestock they have looks sick or dying.

Yup +1

Ram3500
12-31-2012, 04:01 AM
I kind feel bad for the owner seems like nice guy but has no idea what he doing when it comes to salt . Water out of tap and a little bit of salt just doesn't work in the long term . All the corals are dying and look sick :( . Only problem now is it cost me $ to go over the Portman to get to JL's :(

timv
12-31-2012, 12:59 PM
obliviously talking to the wrong people......

I kind feel bad for the owner seems like nice guy but has no idea what he doing when it comes to salt . Water out of tap and a little bit of salt just doesn't work in the long term . All the corals are dying and look sick :( . Only problem now is it cost me $ to go over the Portman to get to JL's :(

canadianbudz604
02-16-2013, 09:36 PM
Went there today, and well, I defiantly won't be going back.

2bafish
02-16-2013, 10:31 PM
Went there today, and well, I defiantly won't be going back.

What convinced you not to go back ?

canadianbudz604
02-17-2013, 12:38 AM
Hopefully this doesn't offend anyone but when my kids which are 11 and 8 said " dad, this store is nasty everything is gross" that should sum it up. 90% of corals were melting/closed/dying tanks were all cloudy etc. clean up the store man

frd72
02-17-2013, 12:52 AM
the owner said the other day that they are still working to have everything set-up. :biggrin:

Hopefully this doesn't offend anyone but when my kids which are 11 and 8 said " dad, this store is nasty everything is gross" that should sum it up. 90% of corals were melting/closed/dying tanks were all cloudy etc. clean up the store man

canadianbudz604
02-17-2013, 12:56 AM
They shouldn't bother.

Reef Pilot
02-17-2013, 01:01 AM
the owner said the other day that they are still working to have everything set-up. :biggrin:
That's what they said back in Dec, which is the last time I was in there. I was a little skeptical, when the guy there tried to come across like he knew it all and thought it wasn't going to be a big deal to get the salt water stuff set up. He had a bunch of tanks and equipment from Ocean Aquatics and was just waiting for some electrical work.

canadianbudz604
02-17-2013, 01:11 AM
Oh well, maybe some dummy will buy something from there

Reef Pilot
02-17-2013, 01:24 AM
Oh well, maybe some dummy will buy something from there
Well, heaven help any SW newbies that might go in there. Would be nice, though, to have a proper SW LFS in Langley. But will just have to wait and see if this one can get it together.

Haven't been in that Petland for quite a while either. Their SW stuff didn't look too good either, and very expensive.

Paul and Albert in Aldergrove are still the best LFS for this area.

canadianbudz604
02-17-2013, 01:34 AM
Went there today as well and yeah it's expensive but everything looked good. No complaints, they actually had a scooter blenny I really wanted just a baby for 14.99$ which is very decent. The guy I was talking with knew what he was doing they had a few nice corals as well

2bafish
02-18-2013, 04:22 AM
Mike is working really hard to get the store a great place for salties after all those years without it. He's got lots of experience in this field and I believe it will be a great place to get nice livestock,corals and importantly good advice.

Madreefer
02-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Mike is working really hard to get the store a great place for salties after all those years without it. He's got lots of experience in this field and I believe it will be a great place to get nice livestock,corals and importantly good advice.

So would this be the same Mike from The Hidden Reef from Abbotsford? If so I'm sure there's alot of people like myself who would like to collect the money he still owes us.

Aquattro
02-18-2013, 02:54 PM
So would this be the same Mike from The Hidden Reef from Abbotsford? If so I'm sure there's alot of people like myself who would like to collect the money he still owes us.

Same guy..

chewie
02-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Well, heaven help any SW newbies that might go in there. Would be nice, though, to have a proper SW LFS in Langley. But will just have to wait and see if this one can get it together.

Haven't been in that Petland for quite a while either. Their SW stuff didn't look too good either, and very expensive.

Paul and Albert in Aldergrove are still the best LFS for this area.

Have you tried Pauls aquarium ( aka pacific aquatics) in surrey?
Very good prices on fish and supplies, not to much selection on corals but he is working on it

Reef Pilot
02-18-2013, 06:46 PM
Have you tried Pauls aquarium ( aka pacific aquatics) in surrey?
Very good prices on fish and supplies, not to much selection on corals but he is working on it
Not recently. It's a little farther from where I live (Murryville part of Langley), but do try to drop in there, too, if I am in the area. Usually, if I have to go that far for something, will make a trek to J&L and King Ed. With the freeway, and no more Port Mann back-ups, can make it to J&L in 1/2 hour now.

2bafish
02-18-2013, 11:51 PM

Don't know the story behind this. Doesnt sound good. I just met mike at Petland and so far my experience has been good with him.

imisky
02-19-2013, 01:30 AM
Not recently. It's a little farther from where I live (Murryville part of Langley), but do try to drop in there, too, if I am in the area. Usually, if I have to go that far for something, will make a trek to J&L and King Ed. With the freeway, and no more Port Mann back-ups, can make it to J&L in 1/2 hour now.

if you live near murryville Oceanic Corals which is on fraser highway and around 272 is a good place to get your stuff. Paul and Albert knows their stuff. I hang around there as well on Sundays

Reef Pilot
02-19-2013, 02:04 AM
if you live near murryville Oceanic Corals which is on fraser highway and around 272 is a good place to get your stuff. Paul and Albert knows their stuff. I hang around there as well on Sundays
Yes, of course, I know them well, and am a regular customer. But it is still a 15 min drive from my place.

spit.fire
02-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Ya after seeing how ****ty their store is lately (always) I kind of regret making this thread