PDA

View Full Version : Dead Urchin...is it a problem?

Trevor Robertson
04-07-2004, 03:25 AM
Okay well as I am sure some of you know I have been having some issues with my tank. Well I turned on the lights tonight (I have been leaving them off most of the day to stop alge growth) and I was spotting all my fish to make sure they are okay and I nocitced that my long tentacle urchin is on one side and all the tentacels are together pointing down. I think it is dead but I don't know how to tell for sure. I have heard that these have a poison in them and I am not sure it it will be puting poison into the tank if it is dead, but I don't want to remove it if it is not dead and mabie just sleeping :confused: .

Thanks for the tips. Oh and the tank is looking much better, I was just thinking that I should have been taking pictures of the progress but then who wants bad shots of there tank right?

Time4chillie
04-08-2004, 12:26 AM
hey i had an urchin in my tank, and unfortunatly when mine did the spike thing it turned out to be dead.

Trevor Robertson
04-08-2004, 02:54 PM
UPDATE

Okay well I turned the lights on again last night and he was up and moving around. So looks like he was just taking a nap, but I did loose two Nemo's :cry:

Well I will solve this problem yet!