PDA

View Full Version : TANK TOUR PART 4

howdy20012002
08-10-2012, 05:03 AM
Hello All
just wanted to see if there was any interest in a Tank tour again?
I was thinking the second weekend in Sept, however the Frag Fest is the week before so I don't know if that is too much in a row.
perhaps the 3rd weekend?

for those that don't know what it is I am talking about.
in the past we have toured various tanks around the city in my escalade limo - the limo holds up to 18 people which is typically about how many show up.
typically a good time overall..last time there was talk about BBQ
I would probably be willing to throw a BBQ with hotdogs and hamburgers at the end at my house.
Let me know what you think.
thanks
Neal

fishoholic
08-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Sounds fun. I'd be willing to show my tanks and of course now we have Doug's tank to droll over as well :mrgreen: However we both work Saturdays so a Sunday would be better for us. Also like the idea of ending back at your place for a BBQ

BlueWorldAquatic
08-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Neil,

If you need anything for the BBQ, I may have lotsa stuff left over I can provide.

Ken

Flash
08-10-2012, 04:09 PM
i'll put my name in + 2 Megs and Sarah! I have nothing worth looking at yet, so just along for the ride!

howdy20012002
08-10-2012, 04:27 PM
It actually have to be a Sunday as I have weddings to deal with on saturdays.
which one would work for people - the 16th or the 23rd?
thanks for the offer Ken.. I may take you up on that.
would a store tour be a better idea??
I guess we will see who puts their tanks forward.
you are on the list Flash plus 2
Neal

Flash
08-10-2012, 04:32 PM
any other the days work... but the 23rd is best!

howdy20012002
08-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Did I mention I will have PUPPIES..lol
that should get a couple of more people out.
lol

Adread
08-10-2012, 05:00 PM
My wife and I are new to the hobby and would love something like this if there's room for us. Not sure our 4 month old tank will be all that exciting for people but everyone is welcome to see it! Lol

Thanks
Adam

badfish!
08-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Did I mention I will have PUPPIES..lol
that should get a couple of more people out.
lol

I am so in now! I'd volunteer my tanks (I have 4, but not too sure if they are really all that nice/exciting... LMK). Even if there are no puppies, I'm still in. :biggrin:

Kit with Cat
08-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Hi there,
I may be interested to join as well depending on the date.
What's the cost to take the tour?
Thanks so much!

Flash
08-10-2012, 05:37 PM
free... but we usually all pitch for gas!!

Kit with Cat
08-10-2012, 06:03 PM
I'll chip in for gas!!! That's so awesome!

Adread
08-10-2012, 06:06 PM
We'll be more than happy to chip in for gas and food. Sounds like a great time!

Thanks
Adam

ALang
08-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Hi Neil,
Depending on Hubby's plans...if it falls NOT on one of his mini-vacations, 2 of us will be coming. And, depending on how my tank is doing (and if you guys/gals think that it's worth looking at), I'll volunteer mine.
You guys know how far out of town we are, so if we have enough tanks to look at, my feelings won't be hurt if you opt out.
Been wondering about how Laurie and Doug's tanks are doing, and see if I can snag that kitty cat!
BBQ at your place sounds great! Puppies are NOT allowed anywhere near where I can see them!

fishoholic
08-11-2012, 03:22 PM
You guys know how far out of town we are, so if we have enough tanks to look at, my feelings won't be hurt if you opt out.
Been wondering about how Laurie and Doug's tanks are doing, and see if I can snag that kitty cat!

Wouldn't mine seeing your tank again either, however I'll have to remember to check bags for my cat on the way out :lol: As I'm sure Doug would happily sneak it in yours weather your serious or not!

noirsphynx
08-11-2012, 05:04 PM
I won't be able to make it(sucks working Sundays:sad: ) but will someone please take & post pics:photo: I'll enjoy the tour and the familiar faces through them:smile:

ALang
08-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Bag check, heh heh...thought you would check for bits of frags, couple of wrasses...I just happen to like using tote-style bags for purses!

Felix
08-12-2012, 01:24 AM
I would like to come along, My tank looking a bit ragged at the moment and I'm down to my clowns and a Royal Gramma :(
so some inspiration would be great :)

Flash
08-13-2012, 04:25 AM
i have the change my preference.. the 13th works better for me! i have to work the FC edmonton game on the 23rd!

howdy20012002
08-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Hello all

I just bought a new BBQ for this..so it better happen...lol
firm date - Sept 16 - 12 pm - ?? (4 - 6 pm)
hopefully this works for everyone
I want the date sooner than later as I will be soon be making an announcement of a grand opening happening later in September and don't want the two to be combined.

For the tanks to be toured -

I have 6 systems and about 50 tanks set up (over 2000 gallons) so that should keep people preoccupied while they are hanging out here.

other tanks -

Laurie's and Doug's tank.

Adread - what type of system do you??

anyone else want to offer to allow 20 people to tour through their house?

as for attendence, we will go off of this people listed on this thread - first come, first serve - I will allow 20 people in the escalade limo (not including myself)
if you are unable to make it - please announce it on this thread so that others may join.
we will allow a few extras as not everyone shows up and we can always carpool as well.

let me know
Neal

Adread
08-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Hello Neal

We have a 75 gallon reef. Only softies and Lps at the moment. Like I mentioned before it's only 4 months old so nothing impressive but we love it! I may have a couple of nano projects up and running by then.

Sounds like it will be a pretty fun day!

Thanks
Adam

Borderjumper
08-14-2012, 05:48 PM
HE said PUPPIES!!!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Flash
08-14-2012, 07:39 PM
LOOKS LIKE I WILL HAVE TO BACK DOWN AS i HAVE TO WORK THE FC EDMONTON GAME THAT DAY AS WELL... FRICK I REALLY WANTED TO GO :(