PDA

View Full Version : New radion lens kits are now available !

Rice Reef
08-09-2012, 01:16 AM
Radion TIR Lens kits now available increasing peak output by up to 45%
Since their unveiling at Interzoo, you have been asking how you can get your hands on a TIR Lens upgrade for your Radion.*
We are pleased to announce that *the TIR lens upgrade kits are now available!
What is TIR?
TIR stands for Total Internal Reflection. By redirecting more of each LED cluster’s output in a usable direction*(in your tank), TIR lenses are able to boost peak PAR levels by up to 45% and total (average) PAR levels by up to 23% beneath the fixture without sacrificing spread[1] or consuming additional power.

As Promised…
While many make claims *- EcoTech delivers. The TIR lens *incorporates EcoTech’s ongoing commitment to innovation and improvement for the benefit of its customers. A modular upgrade for a truly modular fixture makes the Radion an ever brighter solution for aquarium lighting.
How Do I get Them?
TIR Lens kits*(2x TIR*lenses*2x wire ties) are available for $30 (MSRP) from your local fish store or from *EcoTech Marine’s part store.

:biggrin:

Any stores carrying them yet?

Rice Reef
08-09-2012, 03:33 AM
Here is a link discussing more about the radion TIR lens

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/05/16/tir-lens-radion-ecotech/

fishytime
08-09-2012, 04:42 AM
great!.....there's another $240 bones Im gonna neeeeed to cough:mrgreen:......Ill see if I can get the boss to get some in......if they do as advertised there should be a few peeps wanting to get their hands on some.....

Rice Reef
08-09-2012, 04:45 AM
great!.....there's another $240 bones Im gonna neeeeed to cough:mrgreen:......Ill see if I can get the boss to get some in......if they do as advertised there should be a few peeps wanting to get their hands on some.....

Don't think LFS has it right now... Any available at RC online store? Can Carmen send me three sets?:biggrin:

Borderjumper
08-09-2012, 04:48 AM
Don't think LFS has it right now... Any available at RC online store? Can Carmen send me three sets?:biggrin:

I'm in for 2 sets if any are located Wayne and will split the shipping with you.
S

mike31154
08-09-2012, 04:54 AM
I gotta ask. Why didn't the lights come with 'proper' lenses at the start? 45 percent increased output? Seems like EcoTech may have rushed the Radion to market before the design was complete? Took a while to get the software straightened out too. Or perhaps marketing strategy to keep customers investing in something they already have? I mean I own some MP40s which required an update or two over time, but this seems a little strange.

Rice Reef
08-09-2012, 04:55 AM
I'm in for 2 sets if any are located Wayne and will split the shipping with you.
S

Sounds good

Rice Reef
08-09-2012, 04:59 AM
I gotta ask. Why didn't the lights come with 'proper' lenses at the start? 45 percent increased output? Seems like EcoTech may have rushed the Radion to market before the design was complete? Took a while to get the software straightened out too.

You may have a point there... These lens were prob being tested at the time... At these they are not too expensive to change them over.