PDA

View Full Version : FS: Hawaiian Rock Boring Urchin (2.5")

ScubaSteve
08-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Hey, Hey, HEY!

I've decided that it's time to let my favorite urchin go. It's gotten too big for my tank and needs more room to roam. I raised this guy from a mystery larva that I found in the bottom of a bucket of rocks a few years ago and he's grown like mad to reach ~2.5".

It's a Hawaiian Rock Boring Urchin (Echinometra mathaei) and is a powerhouse grazer. This guy goes to town at night and bombs around the tank. It's stupid fast for an urchin! Tons of fun to watch and actually has a fair amount of "personality" (if an urchin could ever have personality). Despite the name, they don't actually destroy rocks but if they can't find a good nook to hide in, they'll make their own little hole somewhere that becomes their home they go back to every morning. More fun than a tuxedo urchin (won't carry frags away) and won't get huge like the long-spine/diadema urchins.

$15 or trade for frags. Come get 'em!

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad114/Nergetic/IMG_1310.jpg

Sorry for the crappy picture :sad:

HL649
08-05-2012, 07:48 PM
If you are willing to ship, I will take him.

Mega
08-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Does it like to eat coraline on rocks?

ScubaSteve
08-06-2012, 04:22 AM
It will eat coraline off rock. For me, it has only taken out my unwanted coraline while leaving the stuff I wanted. Has done a good job all-around.

ScubaSteve
08-09-2012, 07:02 AM
Bump bump bump