PDA

View Full Version : Ecotech Radion fan stopped

Rice Reef
08-03-2012, 08:17 PM
One of my radion lights stopped working this week. At first, it was running off sync to the other two radions and then the red leds just starts to blink intermitantly. I inspected this light and noticed that the fan had also stopped. I googled this (as well as going onto the Ecotech support site) and noticed that this has been happening to others as well.

I contacted EcoTech Support and they had shared with me that this problem has been occuring with a few Radions and they are sending out replacements. Because mine was purchased in Canada, Ecotech support was not able to send a replacement to me directly (and I would return the defective radion back to them with returned postage), instead, I would have to deal with the store/Canadian distributor I purchased from. In turn, the distributor/store can send a replacement to me right away and the distributor would then return it to Ecotech.

I have contacted Martin of Modular LED and hope he will return my call soon. Will share with others of my experience...

Borderjumper
08-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Well that sucks! You would think that a fan would last longer than a few months.

So is there one distributor Canada wide? I'm following this with interest, as I have three of those fixtures, and wondering what I would do for customer service now that Progressive Reef is no longer in business.

lockrookie
08-03-2012, 10:35 PM
this is the second case of these i have heard of in less than a few weeksthe other tehlight was emitting smoke...

Zoaelite
08-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Well that sucks! You would think that a fan would last longer than a few months.

So is there one distributor Canada wide? I'm following this with interest, as I have three of those fixtures, and wondering what I would do for customer service now that Progressive Reef is no longer in business.

If I'm correct Michael from Aquadigital is the Canadian distributor, that being said retailers who carry the product do have the ability to make the swap for you.

I purchased mine from Ocean city, Dave from Concept was nice enough to trade out my defective unit.

ultreef
08-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Wow!! I knew it did lightning. But never think it was capable of a smoke show. Amazing. Lol joking aside. They have good warranty so I'm sure you'll be taken care of.

Zoaelite
08-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Wow!! I knew it did lightning. But never think it was capable of a smoke show. Amazing. Lol joking aside. They have good warranty so I'm sure you'll be taken care of.

One of the reasons I will continue to purchase Ecotech product, one of the best customer support teams out there.

Aqua-Digital
08-04-2012, 11:43 AM
We have taken care of this a new unit is being dispatched immediately

One reason all retailers go through us is for these exact reasons we make sure the client is not left wanting when things go wrong. If you ever have an issue with an Ecotech product email us at sales@aqua-digital.com as well as contacting your LFS our priority will be to get you back up and running fast.

We are in the process of setting up stores (just like Dave at Concepts and soon Martin) with a warranty parts/product kit so if a client does have an issue the switch out is immediate, this will take time as we have 37 active Ecotech retailers on our files, however saying that the massive amount of Radions we have now distributed the failure rate does not even come to 1% and out of that most are power supplies.

Rice Reef
08-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Thank you for the update and information. This certainly helps me and others
should there be any new radion concerns down the road.

Should I have dealt with the LFS or with whom I purchased from? What if some LFS do not wish to do warranty work if it was not purchased from them or that LFS is no longer in business? Is there such stores set up in Victoria to do warranty work?

Thanks

Wayne

We have taken care of this a new unit is being dispatched immediately.
We are in the process of setting up stores (just like Dave at Concepts and soon Martin) with a warranty parts/product kit so if a client does have an issue the switch out is immediate, this will take time as we have 37 active Ecotech retailers on our files, however saying that the massive amount of Radions we have now distributed the failure rate does not even come to 1% and out of that most are power supplies.

Aqua-Digital
08-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Should I have dealt with the LFS or with whom I purchased from? What if some LFS do not wish to do warranty work if it was not purchased from them or that LFS is no longer in business? Is there such stores set up in Victoria to do warranty

If an LFS you purchased the unit from is not willing to work with their client for warranty then we should be informed so we can deal with the situation. However if you did not purchase from them it is not fair on them for you to ask them to work with you for your warranty, they did not make anything from the sale so they have no reason to help, in this case you must then always use the company you did purchase from. This is a prime example as to why you should support you closest dealer to you.

Any store in Victoria that sells Ecotech is very aware of the Ecotech warranty proceedure from us unless thye have chosen a different distribution route, and in this regard we can not assure the end user the same high level of care we provide. There is only one dealer on the whole of the island we "as yet" do not supply, so you are pretty much covered.

The Progressive Group (now and formally Progressive Growth) are also still Ecotech retailers

Please ship your faulty unit to your purchase point and we will be shipping you a replacement on Tuesday.

Bblinks
08-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your radion Wayne, I hope it will get resolved for you fast. Lighting is so important in a reef tank I think they should ship you a new one before you have to return the defective unit so at least you can have it semi working until it arrives. I had a similar issue with one of my AI, the AI support team work exceptionally well with me to resolve the issue. They shipped out the replacement direct and it was here within a few days and they told me to keep the defective one.

Rice Reef
08-04-2012, 08:39 PM
If an LFS you purchased the unit from is not willing to work with their client for warranty then we should be informed so we can deal with the situation. However if you did not purchase from them it is not fair on them for you to ask them to work with you for your warranty, they did not make anything from the sale so they have no reason to help, in this case you must then always use the company you did purchase from. This is a prime example as to why you should support you closest dealer to you.

Any store in Victoria that sells Ecotech is very aware of the Ecotech warranty proceedure from us unless thye have chosen a different distribution route, and in this regard we can not assure the end user the same high level of care we provide. There is only one dealer on the whole of the island we "as yet" do not supply, so you are pretty much covered.

The Progressive Group (now and formally Progressive Growth) are also still Ecotech retailers

Please ship your faulty unit to your purchase point and we will be shipping you a replacement on Tuesday.

Thank you for the clarification on this. I did not purchase mine locally at the time for reasons I will not discuss here and that is the reason why I did go back to Modular in the first place. I was merely asking for clarification as you had earlier suggested that I go to the LFS and I did not think that would be appropriate either.

I will not be able to ship back to Modular until Tuesday ( long weekend in BC) Can Martin send it to me and in turn return right afterwards? I do not mind giving my cr card # or pay first to protect Martin or you if "trust" is an issue.

Rice Reef
08-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Sorry to hear about your radion Wayne, I hope it will get resolved for you fast. Lighting is so important in a reef tank I think they should ship you a new one before you have to return the defective unit so at least you can have it semi working until it arrives. I had a similar issue with one of my AI, the AI support team work exceptionally well with me to resolve the issue. They shipped out the replacement direct and it was here within a few days and they told me to keep the defective one.

Hi Rich, thank you for your support. The Ecotevh support team was awesome and had earlier suggested that they were going to send one to me directly first until I told them that my unit was purchased in Canada and that I would have to go thru the Canadian distributor, which fine. I do hope they will accommodate me and are able to send one out to me without me having to return first...

Rice Reef
08-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Just received pm from Martin and been informed that Aquadigital has sent a replacement out to me and I am to return the defective unit back to Modular once the replacement arrives. Thank you for the quick response and again excellent service from Martin. This type of service will always win back my business, locally or not.

Bblinks
08-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Good stuff.

Borderjumper
11-10-2012, 07:24 PM
We have taken care of this a new unit is being dispatched immediately

One reason all retailers go through us is for these exact reasons we make sure the client is not left wanting when things go wrong. If you ever have an issue with an Ecotech product email us at sales@aqua-digital.com as well as contacting your LFS our priority will be to get you back up and running fast.

Email sent regarding bad power supply.

Borderjumper
11-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Email sent regarding bad power supply.

Wow I'm pretty impressed.. Had an answer to my email within 10 minutes, asking for my address to send out a new power supply!

Aqua-Digital
11-10-2012, 09:00 PM
power supply will go out Monday - going to see if more local dealer has one to get it to you faster.

Phil
11-11-2012, 12:32 AM
This is the way products we by should be supported I bought a apex unit and there good over the phone but a pain in the a$$ if u have to return anything no store will exchange them under warentee u have to ship them back at your cost. And in my opinion no matter how good s Lfs is if they don't have the power to replace a unit then I'm not gonna buy. That being said I won't but another Neptune/apex product.

Skimmerking
11-11-2012, 01:37 AM
This is why
michael is a TOP NOTCH seller and other things for the life of me I cant spell so Im not going to..

MIKE IS COOL there how's that

Phil
11-11-2012, 01:45 AM
I should of said I never bought my apex from him I'm just saying that this is the way all our products should be handled. I hate spending 400-1000 bucks on a product onley to have something go wrong with it then return to we're it was purchased onley to be told to contact the manufacture they don't handle repairs or warentee work.