PDA

View Full Version : Fans

StirCrazy
07-23-2002, 11:51 PM
well yesterday I noticed that my temp was up to 87.5 degrees, no one was lost but I rant to zellers and spent 100.00 on two fans.. this morning my temp was 81.5 (hasn't been that cold sence I started it, and the max temp today was 84.2 so I am a lot more comfertable with that..

having done this I have decided that a cooler is in order but I can't aford on of the $1000.00 small ones so I will build my own..

if everyone could keep there eyes open for 1" titanium tube and let me know where it is and how much it would be a huge help. if my idea works I will postt a complete set of instructions on how to build one later.

Steve

smokinreefer
07-24-2002, 12:15 AM
i'll keep a look out for ya.

but instead on instructions, i'd rather you build me one!! tongue.gif

[ 23 July 2002, 20:16: Message edited by: smokinreefer ]

StirCrazy
07-24-2002, 12:42 AM
That could be a posability depending on the cost of the parts also.. hehe

Steve

ruck'n'reefer
07-24-2002, 01:19 AM
I have been using frozen rubbermade containers. Rotating every 1/2 hour. My tank is a little cooler but my freezer is working overtime. And heating up the appartment.

The DIY cheapo chiller (styro cooler full of ice containers with gravity feed (syphon) airline tubing circulating the water back to the sump)I made last year does works better, but with my set up there is a chance of a flood if the fitting slips. I hope that made sense!!

Let me know about your plans when you are done. I would like to help out if it's possible.

and i'll look for the Ti tubing

[ 23 July 2002, 21:20: Message edited by: Ruck'n'reefer ]

reefburnaby
07-24-2002, 02:06 AM
Hi,

1" titanium.....I think you can get those at a pro bike shop that specialize in titanium frames. You might want to start there...but it will cost you a lot.

BTW, how long do you want the tube to be ?

- Victor.

stephane
07-24-2002, 02:21 AM
Here a cheap alternative who could work realy well
IMO but I have not try it yet http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80764&highlight=corop last (http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80764&highlight=coroplast)

[ 23 July 2002, 22:21: Message edited by: stephane ]

StirCrazy
07-24-2002, 02:34 AM
ya I saw that Steph, but if I was going to use plastic I could use a thin wall PVC pipe. Plastic has to mych of a insulating factor to work good for what I am building .. but I couldsee other uses for it :D

Victor I am thinking I could get away with 12" but 2 feet would give me room to play, I will call a bike place tomorrow and ask them. thanks.

Steve