PDA

View Full Version : Need To Borrow Drill Bits - Calgary

yellowworld
08-02-2012, 07:43 PM
I need to drill 5 holes in my tank but I dont have the drill bits. I would order them but ill only be using them the once. If anyone could help me out that would be great. If you dont have all the sizes i need that's ok, im sure that I could track them all down eventually. Im willing to go to your place if you want thats fine by me

I need to drill
4 holes for a 1/2" bulkhead so 1-3/8" Hole saw bit
1 hole for a 1-1/2" bulkhead so a 2-1/2" Hole saw bit

yellowworld
08-03-2012, 11:46 AM
No one has these sized bits that wouldn't mind helping me out?

sphelps
08-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Personally I think you should just buy them, they are cheap if you order them and a good excuse to add or start a collection, plus you'll get the sizes you want.

That said the biggest I have is 60mm, smallest is 42mm. You can borrow them if you want but it's a decent drive out here. They are lightly used but should still work fine, you can also buy them off me with beer to save another trip to bring them back.

Aquattro
08-03-2012, 03:04 PM
One issue might be that they're really only good for so many holes, so letting someone else use up 4 holes worth might dissuade someone from loaning it out. I'd maybe try buying a used one for a discounted price..

Enigma
08-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Princess Auto has a bunch of different sizes. They're the cheap ones, so they're only good four a few holes, but they should do the job you need done.

Four holes completed wasted my 2 3/8" holesaw.

Myka
08-03-2012, 08:06 PM
I've done over 20 holes for 1" bulkheads with my Princess Auto hole saw ($12 I think it was). If no one knows where the "diamond hole saws" are ask for "tile hole saws" instead.