PDA

View Full Version : Aiptasia Question

04V10
07-31-2012, 04:00 PM
Hey everybody,

I have an odd question. I have what appears to be one aptasia growing on the back glass of my tank. It is smaller in size, but it actually looks pretty cool where it is. It was on the shell of a Turbo at one point. I will take some pics when I get a chance later tonight. However, here's my question. Have any of you intentionally every kept an aptasia because it kind of looked cool where it was?

Also, for disposal, what would you recommend for getting rid of this bugger? Should I just have the hose on him while doing a water change and scrape him off the glass? That way him and any biological parts will get sucked up by the tube and he won't be able to reproduce in the tank. He's not big enought for me to stab, I don't have any needles anyways...lol

Aquattro
07-31-2012, 04:18 PM
If you could keep it as one, it might be cool, but you can't. It will spread. Scrape it off as you siphon it, or you'll end up regretting it :)

monocus
07-31-2012, 04:47 PM
scrape it off during the day about 4 hours after feeding,aptasia spreads quicker at night

molotov
07-31-2012, 07:59 PM
take a high power laser to it and nuke it. And of course you'll want to take all the necessary safety precautions that go along with that method.

Seriak
07-31-2012, 08:18 PM
If you could keep it as one, it might be cool, but you can't. It will spread. Scrape it off as you siphon it, or you'll end up regretting it :)

+1

04V10
08-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Well, did the water change yesterday and got rid of him. I had the hose with suction on it right over top of him on the glass and used a credit card (one I use to scrape stubborn stuff) and slightly started to scrape up. It then just let go and got sucked up by my syphon hose.. Poor little guy..lol Hopefully that's the last of them, but time will tell.