PDA

View Full Version : FREE: Hippo Tang (Okotoks)

0sprey
07-28-2012, 04:16 PM
We are still looking for a home for our beloved hippo tang, Roy. He has scars on his head from HLLE thanks to a miserable experience in his childhood. I made arrangements to purchase him sight unseen from a seller in Calgary three years ago. When we arrived at the house, we were shocked by the conditions in the tank- many, many very LARGE fish being kept in a four foot tank. The water was yellow and foul-smelling. I badly wanted to back out on the deal, but felt horrible for the fish, so I brought him home anyway- and never regretted it. In spite of the scars, Roy is an active, healthy fish who is both engaging and entertaining. I have always felt strongly that we rescued him from a horrible situation.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w7/ospreypatronus/Aquarium/DSC_0050.jpg
I'm posting his picture here right now so that no-one will have any illusions about his personal appearance.

We need to tear down this tank, as we are moving soon. Roy is the last fish left. If someone isn't able to provide him with a good home soon, we may have to euthanize him- he would languish in a pet store, as he is basically unsaleable. If you are interested, please send me a pm.

habs247
07-30-2012, 06:27 AM
I would take Roy if I didn't have such a small tank. Bump - hope he finds a great home!

Aysha
07-30-2012, 06:45 AM
All the love to Roy! Hope he finds an awesome home. He's adorable scars and all.

0sprey
07-30-2012, 02:22 PM
A very good home for Roy has been found! Thanks to all the well-wishers, and offers (and especially to Mike!).