PDA

View Full Version : Snowing in my tank

Proteus
07-23-2012, 04:08 PM
I set up my nano cube about three weeks ago. Using rock and water from my 180g. I have had a assesor for over a year and never seen it much due to dominate fish. But now that it's in the cube been Alot more active.

Anyway last night I looked at tank when moonlights were on and thought I must have had micro bubbles in tank. Upon closer looks I found it was snowing. So to speak. There were thousands of pods or plankton floating around and the assesor was going nuts feeding.

Never seen this before and thought it was amazing. Just wanted to share

ScubaSteve
07-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Do you have cleaner shrimp in the cube? Sounds like a batch of something hatched. Whenever my cleaner shrimp used to hatch egg my fish would go bananas.

magikof7
07-23-2012, 04:24 PM
That must have been fascinating to see! So it is kind of excusable for not having Video or pics to post. ;)

Proteus
07-23-2012, 04:40 PM
The only inverts are acro crabs and emerald crabs along with hermits and two large peanut snails.

I wanted to get video but it was two small to see.

Myka
07-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Crabs will also spawn hundreds (sometimes thousands) of little larvae into the water. Most of the crustaceans in our tanks no matter how small are happily spawning and reproducing in our reefs making wonderful fish and coral food!

Proteus
07-24-2012, 01:22 AM
Yeah I had a decorator crab that would spawn quite often