PDA

View Full Version : Zoo's question

Marcus K
04-02-2004, 11:27 PM
I have some zoo polyps that have fallen off and are moving around the bottom of my tank. I would like to fix these to a frag rock but I'm not sure the best way. I have been told to use grazy glue, is this really safe? If so what brand are you using?

Thanks

Marcus

Jason McK
04-02-2004, 11:52 PM
I would say the safest way would be to use a small piece of Bridal Veil material or netting and cover the polyp with it. Then with an elastic band secure the netting to the rock. After a few days remove the netting and it sould be attached.
I would not use any "Crazy Glue" but most gel super glues work well.
www.garf.org says that "Crazy Glue" is the only glue they avoid.

J

zulu_principle
04-03-2004, 12:09 AM
Agree with the way Jason says to get the zoo to adhere to the rock, I get a pretty good tingle when I touch zoes without gloves you may want to consider that.

Ii have used crazy glue in the past and not that it doesnt work its just difficult to work with.

Wendell

Bob I
04-03-2004, 12:19 AM
I use Loctite Gel that I buy at Ukrainian Tire. I have attached dozens of zoos that way, and yes some were single polyps. I am taking two dozen frags up to Edmonton tomorrow. All were attached using Loctite Gel. :rolleyes:

Marcus K
04-03-2004, 02:50 AM
Thanks Guys, I will try the netting first. If that is too hard I will try the Loctite.

Bob, do you ever make trips out to Sask.? Nice Zoo's are hard to come buy around here. I picked up two different colours from a local reefer who ordered from Canadian Reef. They are very nice but I did not get the colours that I wanted. Everyone was buying them up before they were open so I picked two before they were all gone. I got the burnt orange one and one with a bright green center. I would love to get some of the green and some of the purple ones.

Marcus