PDA

View Full Version : Just installed my chinese led

bluesox68
07-15-2012, 04:09 AM
So a quick review on my new light. I got this one but with optic lenses and customized the lighting to what I think I would like.
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/108940417.html
After ordering I thought I screwed up and used too much blue but after installing it in my canopy and seeing it on the tank I'm blown away. That being said this is an upgrade for me so I'm not by any means comparing this to my other "awesome light." My old lights were 2 vho's that were very old and came with the system so I can't compare this to an expensive LED unit. I will say that I think this is much nicer to look at then my 250w mh with 20k I had on a old system. I was advised to get t5 or another mh but I took a chance and it is early but without having to worry about replacing bulbs, evaporation and energy cost I figured it was worth trying. Again shipping was fast. Build quality looks great. The dimmers are awesome and I can tone down the blue and my corals are poping with color. I will post before and after pictures tomorow.

windcoast reefs
07-15-2012, 08:18 AM
Looks good! At that price, it was definitely worth a try. Let us know how the coral like it.

Otardifus
07-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Looks like a nice light and the price is realy good!
I also have LED lights but I payed more than that.
I want to get more LED's could you please post results?
I love my Kessil lights but if I could save sum $ on next light I will.
I hope your tank thrives under the new lights!

bling_bling466
07-15-2012, 01:04 PM
Looks good
Keep us posted. What are you keeping under it?
How long did it take to ship and were did it come from.
Also how did you hang it

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Just read through the link and there is no cooling fan. I would make sure your lights don't run hot (i.e. have a small fan blowing over it) because overheating, especially in the summer, will greatly shorten its lifespan.

bluesox68
07-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Hmmm, I'm not sure why the link doesn't say anything about the fans. The unit has 3 fans the keep things nice and ventilated :biggrin:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-15-2012, 05:35 PM
OK.

Just saw that it does but this statement confused me:

"The temperature of our LED Lights are controlled by normal residential AC/heating and a ceiling fan."

Made it sound like no fans built-in.

bluesox68
07-15-2012, 05:59 PM
I will say if you order a light and are doing a custome led you will want to be very clear with the details. This korean company i bought from doesn't speak the best English but I always got quick responses. Shipping took about a week and the only fee I had on delivery was $13. So far my corals seem happy, I will try and get pics up soon. I have a big brain coral, frog spawn, hammers,trumpets, rics and zoas. Today I hope to pick up a rbta and some sun corals:biggrin:

Snaz
07-15-2012, 09:11 PM
I will say if you order a light and are doing a custome led you will want to be very clear with the details. This korean company i bought from doesn't speak the best English but I always got quick responses. Shipping took about a week and the only fee I had on delivery was $13. So far my corals seem happy, I will try and get pics up soon. I have a big brain coral, frog spawn, hammers,trumpets, rics and zoas. Today I hope to pick up a rbta and some sun corals:biggrin:

I really look forward to the pictures! Sun coral are not photosynthetic, you must feed them directly.

bluesox68
07-16-2012, 12:03 PM
sorry for the late responce but I will get pictures up tonight. I love this light I keep playing with the setting because its just so cool to have so many options!

Dr_Hicks
07-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Good price !

FragIt Dan
07-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Why did you opt for lenses on this one?

bluesox68
07-16-2012, 11:10 PM
trying to get pics up now:mrgreen:

bluesox68
07-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Now these are just with a iphone and it just doesn't look right but in person I love it. Try this link for pics
http://s874.photobucket.com/albums/ab303/bluesox_68/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

bling_bling466
07-16-2012, 11:44 PM
How about a full tank shot. Also how did you hang it

bluesox68
07-16-2012, 11:50 PM
Fts updated and I hung the light with the wire kit it came with and clips

bluesox68
07-16-2012, 11:58 PM
Also if someone could help ID 6 and the top of 12 that would be awesome! Like I said its not that blue in real life but my corals do pop. I think I even get more shimmer then my 250 mh. Hope you like! Burc from fragalot really hooked me up :)

bluesox68
07-20-2012, 03:40 PM
So after having the light for a week or so I love it. I acutally make the mistake of not keeping it low and turning it up over time and started to bleach my Hollywood stunner chalice. Once a coral starts to bleach can it be saved?