PDA

View Full Version : Design Help

Gizmoh
07-12-2012, 06:35 PM
I am seeking the aid of someone that is good with a design program such as google sketch? Getting ready to order my tank and I want a really good blueprint to give to the maker. I realize that spare time is a lot to ask for but I would be very appreciative if someone could help. Please reply or pm me if this is possible!

Thanks all!

Justin

Enigma
07-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Have you done a fully annotated and dimensioned sketch already that you can scan? Do you know what thickness of glass your tank will be made from? Does you plan take glass thickness into account? What is your timeline?

I'm a cartographer. I could do it in MicroStation or AutoCAD. However it wouldn't be a priority, and there are absolutely no guarantees that I could make your deadline (obviously, big paying clients take priority, and your tank would be a little "make work" project on the side).

Snaz
07-12-2012, 07:56 PM
I found Google Sketch to be quite accessible, I took one semester of drafting in high school but seems to be enough. If you send me the dimensions I can have a go and see where we end up.

Gizmoh
07-12-2012, 08:22 PM
I am planning for ordering the first week of Septemeber so no real rush! But it is going to be a 48x30x20 tank euro braced with an external coast to coast overflow that is 10" deep and as thin as possible to allow for a bean animal overflow. The only thing I am unsure of is where the holes will be placed there will be the three in the bottom of the overflow box (for the bean-animal) and I am thinking of a closed loop as well as some input on how the return would come into the tank without going over the back

Thanks again for all the help

Justin

Snaz
07-12-2012, 09:24 PM
What thickness of glass for the display tank?
What thickness of glass for the external overflow?
Overflow centered?
Plumbing is one inch diameter?

Gizmoh
07-13-2012, 08:00 PM
These are things I have not yet thought about! I have little to no knowledge on glass thickness, the overflow is coast to coast and the plumbing can be anything that works properly! :p. I am a lot of help Am I not? I figured the the returns would be smaller then the overflows.

Snaz
07-13-2012, 08:42 PM
These are things I have not yet thought about! I have little to no knowledge on glass thickness, the overflow is coast to coast and the plumbing can be anything that works properly! :p. I am a lot of help Am I not? I figured the the returns would be smaller then the overflows.

While I can help draw a usable plan I have zero experience designing a tank. I think you will need to research or get the input from others here on the type of glass you need.

Enigma
07-13-2012, 08:51 PM
While I can help draw a usable plan I have zero experience designing a tank. I think you will need to research or get the input from others here on the type of glass you need.

X2.

I could draft it. I will not design it.

dave_C
07-13-2012, 09:55 PM
I am planning for ordering the first week of Septemeber so no real rush! But it is going to be a 48x30x20 tank euro braced with an external coast to coast overflow that is 10" deep and as thin as possible to allow for a bean animal overflow. The only thing I am unsure of is where the holes will be placed there will be the three in the bottom of the overflow box (for the bean-animal) and I am thinking of a closed loop as well as some input on how the return would come into the tank without going over the back

Thanks again for all the help

Justin

here you go

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii534/conceptaquatics/48x30x20.jpg

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii534/conceptaquatics/48x30x201.jpg

hope this helps

ScubaSteve
07-13-2012, 10:00 PM
here you go

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii534/conceptaquatics/48x30x20.jpg

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii534/conceptaquatics/48x30x201.jpg

hope this helps

And this is why you should be ordering your tank from Concept Aquatics... :razz:

Gizmoh
07-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Awesome! Absolutely amazing thank you! I would def be ordering from you of I was in the area. Thanks again for all the help!