PDA

View Full Version : Profilux II ex model. How thebheck do u get the upgrade

Skimmerking
07-12-2012, 03:18 AM
Ok i have had this controller for 2 month and i still havent had this going. Now that i have the R323 cable or what ever its called. How in the heck. Do u get the lastest firmware i plugged it all in and downloaded the latest patch 5.10 i believe but i cant figure it out. I need help. Or its going out the door.

The Grizz
07-12-2012, 04:43 AM
You have to go through the PC program to update the firmware. Open the PC program, hit the connect button to connect the controller to the PC program. Once connected go into the file tab at the top left& go down to the firmware upgrade. Follow prompts from there.

Skimmerking
07-12-2012, 02:03 PM
greg i hooked the cable to my computer and then i found a 5.10 upgrade and it was zipped so i unzipped it and went to that file. I wouldnt do anything let lone something. :sad:

I turned on the controller and watched it powered up and then it wne to the ORP and that was it. i cant even get the program to open up.

MKLKT
07-12-2012, 02:15 PM
greg i hooked the cable to my computer and then i found a 5.10 upgrade and it was zipped so i unzipped it and went to that file. I wouldnt do anything let lone something. :sad:

I turned on the controller and watched it powered up and then it wne to the ORP and that was it. i cant even get the program to open up.

I don't have personal experience with this particular one but RS232 isn't like USB so it may not always 'know' if it's plugged in.

Would this help? http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/Instructions%20Firmware%20update%20ProfiLux%20II.p df