PDA

View Full Version : yellow polyps

Bugsy
07-11-2012, 06:25 PM
I have a piece of rock that is covered with yellow polyps. Its doing really well but I would like to know when they are open but very low and tight to the rock are they not happy?

I did move them 2 weeks ago, plus I also did not have my new lights plugged in all the way so the light is brighter now that I did that. The rest of the corals are fine, none of them are showing any stress due to the light issue, but I just noticed that these are smaller and low to the rock.

Should i move them back to the place they were before?

toytech
07-11-2012, 11:40 PM
nope there just aclimatising to the light , in low light they get long in more light they get short . There hard to kill and you can activly feed them small bits of food if you want them to realy grow fast.

dc4
07-12-2012, 01:31 AM
nope there just aclimatising to the light , in low light they get long in more light they get short . There hard to kill and you can activly feed them small bits of food if you want them to realy grow fast.

I had some growing on back glass and I thought I would just scape them off and be done with it. Nope, saw them a few nights ago alive and well on the other side of tank, peeking through some rock. They are very hardy, even when you are trying to kill them...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Bugsy
07-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Oh good I just don't want to loose them and I have not seen a decline so I knew that part was good. Yes I do feed the tank once a week very small amount. Thanks for the replies...:mrgreen:

Bugsy
07-24-2012, 03:24 AM
Polyps are not doing well. Some are open and some seem to be just diappearing. I have looked for things eating them in the tank since its only 3 gal its easy to do. the only thing I see with lights on or off is lots and lots of copepods...:twised:

Everything else in the tank is doing well except these. My other zoas and paly's are all fine nothing bothering them. I read these are very easy to have in a tank but not so in my case.

Any advice as to what I can do before I loose them all..:cry:

Bugsy
07-25-2012, 05:27 AM
Moved the rock to higher flow, polyps much happier now so flow does make a difference with these guys I guess.

bvlester
07-27-2012, 01:26 AM
Oh they are not that hard to kill I have had them die back on me. They are a good indicator that your water is good. If they are very healthy they do well, but if they are dying back then they don't like where they are or your water chemistry is out of whack.
They do like lots of light.

Bill

Bugsy
07-27-2012, 03:45 AM
This is what they looked like when I brought them home and now they are so very tiny and do not fill the rock like this at all. I moved them thought they would like it better but nope just not happy there at all.