PDA

View Full Version : LF: 4-Stage RODI

MKLKT
07-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Hey folks,

Looking for a 4-Stage RO/DI system, 50 or greater GPD would be good. Looking to spend $100 or less, it's all dependent on the condition and age. Let me know what you've got! I live in downtown Vancouver however I don't mind having one shipped if it's worth it.

Thanks!

tang daddy
07-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Just thinking out loud but if you buy a used Rodi for $100 and have to replace the filters di and ro it would run you the same as getting a new one......

Aquasafe Canada has some reasonable prices aswell as Jl.

I usually order 3 boxes of filters which can last me around 5 yrs....

Dr_Hicks
07-10-2012, 04:13 PM
I second Aquasafe Canada, if you look them up on ebay you can get free shipping on the systems.

Nobody can touch them on price that I've seen so far.

PM'd you a link to their ebay store.

MKLKT
07-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Just thinking out loud but if you buy a used Rodi for $100 and have to replace the filters di and ro it would run you the same as getting a new one......

Aquasafe Canada has some reasonable prices aswell as Jl.

I usually order 3 boxes of filters which can last me around 5 yrs....

$100 is my max, as in if it's barely used. :) I'll check out Aquasafe. Thanks.

reefgirl189
07-10-2012, 05:44 PM
I have a 4 stage RO you can have for free. It's Novatek brand and needs new filters. 35 gpd I do believe. Sorry does not come with pressure tank. If you don't want it due to shipping anyone else on this site is welcome to it.

http://www.direct2uwater.com/images/products/novatekpurify.jpg

tang daddy
07-10-2012, 06:06 PM
$100 is my max, as in if it's barely used. :) I'll check out Aquasafe. Thanks.

Fair enough, just sayin.....

MKLKT
07-10-2012, 06:49 PM
I ended up ordering an AquaSafe unit with a few extras. Thanks for the offer Reefgirl, hopefully that one finds a good home, perhaps someone new to the hobby.

MKLKT
08-13-2012, 07:06 PM
Finally got it all installed over the weekend (Aquasafe Aquarium II), overall really nice package. Unfortunately for me it was missing one elbow (got a straight connector instead) and the main shutoff adapter was missing an o-ring so my first prefilter flush ended up washing my wall a bit. I switched a ring from the pressure valve for now and am not using the last DI until I get the other elbow. Sent them a message so hopefully that'll help.

I got a float valve to make it auto shut off and had a weird 'almost' shutoff where it would oscillate and then not quite stop the waste water line. Adjusted the restrictor flow slightly more to about 40% from 33% and it properly shuts off fully now.