PDA

View Full Version : group buys in Van?

Zerandise
03-31-2004, 06:10 AM
Just wondering if you do group buys and how often. My wife works for a LFS and is thinking of doing a group buy (cuts down on the box cost). If anyone is interested let me know. i will get a list of what we can get should you want to buy in.

Gujustud
03-31-2004, 06:18 AM
group buys have always done great in our car club. Starting them here would be awesome!

DBM
03-31-2004, 09:00 AM
Is she planning on doing this through the store?
Bypassing the store (if she's planning on this) is a BAD IDEA.

Zerandise
03-31-2004, 01:47 PM
more with the store. they dont do enough in saltwater sales to order enough tranship fish to make the box charge worth it. I talked to the store manager about it to see what we could work out. Its in the stores best interest to do group buys as the more people that oder the lower the box cost is. Anyway i will grab a list of animals they will be able to tranship.

vanreefer
08-23-2004, 09:41 AM
sounds interesting :biggrin: :idea:
I'm in
Dano

Aquattro
08-23-2004, 02:32 PM
Just an FYI, when you order a box of fish (or corals), what you order is often (always?) not what ends up coming in the box. Anything not available at the time the box is shipped gets substituted with whatever is on hand.
The wholesale list the LFS has is just a brief of what is generally available, but it still comes down to whatever is the "catch of the day" at the source. This means 20-40% of the people involved in the group buy don't get what they want, and then someone gets stuck with the fish. You know how the LFS always defends poor purchases with "Hey, I didn't order it, it just came in the box"? It's the truth!! So if you're going to tranship an order, have a plan for these leftovers.