PDA

View Full Version : Elos auto top off problems

windcoast reefs
07-08-2012, 07:38 AM
So a few weeks ago my 6 month old elos auto top off unit started not to function correctly. It would have an alarm and not top off. From the manual It just seemed to be an error so I restarted the system. This kept happening, so I cleaned the pump and everything appeared to be working. I tried to go back to the LFS I bought it from, but I was told to talk to elos. So I gave elos a call, which was a complete waste of time, since they didn't seem to think I had a defective unit. So now I'm stuck with a auto top off that requires me to press a button to top off the system. Anyone else have this issue? I'm pretty ****ed since I payed quite a bit for something that was apparently "better" than the tunze!

Spyd
07-08-2012, 10:53 AM
What size hose do you have on the return pump? Also, the unit is under 1 year old so if it is defective they have to replace it. It uses a PLC so if there is no issue with hose size, etc. then the PLC may be faulty. I have the name and number of the main distributor for Elos USA. I will find them and send them to you right away.

blaster
07-08-2012, 03:18 PM
I've been dealng with jesse at elos usa.I'm sure he'll do the rght thing for you.

windcoast reefs
07-08-2012, 03:34 PM
What size hose do you have on the return pump? Also, the unit is under 1 year old so if it is defective they have to replace it. It uses a PLC so if there is no issue with hose size, etc. then the PLC may be faulty. I have the name and number of the main distributor for Elos USA. I will find them and send them to you right away.

I was using a 1/2" line I believe. Thanks for the info I'll contact him right away!

windcoast reefs
07-09-2012, 03:53 AM
So I'm gonna talk to the Distibuter tomorrow, but I would still like to know if anyone else has had issues with them?

Smudge
07-09-2012, 01:03 PM
I have been running mine since Jan of this year and no problems. Love it!!!