PDA

View Full Version : i cant believe it

blaster
07-07-2012, 07:59 AM
I just spent over 2000 dollars on a elos e stripe lighting for my elos 70.Looking on the intructions of the tempo controller has given me a pounding headache

MarkoD
07-07-2012, 08:08 AM
Headache because you realized you over spent on led lights?

Nate
07-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Headache because you realized you over spent on led lights?

Same old marko

Congrats on your Elos purchase. It's tougher when English is the last language in the instruction book

MarkoD
07-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Same old marko

Congrats on your Elos purchase. It's tougher when English is the last language in the instruction book

Relax, it was a joke

Proteus
07-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Relax, it was a joke

Lol. I thought it was funny.

MarkoD
07-07-2012, 04:48 PM
I was way funnier at 2:08 am

blaster
07-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Quality of elos is fantastic,intructions are hurting.Thing is Jesse the north american elos supplier knows this and is always trying to change this.Its still a problem.

MarkoD
07-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Why did you choose the Elos over radions or Ai sol?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-07-2012, 04:54 PM
I was way funnier at 2:08 am [And sexier too]

Just keep telling yourself that:wink: It's the wobbly-pops talking there:lol: Hehehe.

So Blaster, what can't you believe?

How much you spent on the lighting?

The terrible instructions for programming the lights?

Or that you have a pounding headache not caused by overconsumption of alcohol?

blaster
07-07-2012, 07:01 PM
My wife wanted the top of the tank enclosed,so i got the aquatop.Very sweet by the way.With the aquatop i added the e-stripes.

Zoaelite
07-07-2012, 09:12 PM
None of you are real unless photos are posted.

blaster
07-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Lghting at 50 percent with 3 e-srtipes

blaster
07-08-2012, 05:38 PM
i have to do better with pictures.

MarkoD
07-08-2012, 07:37 PM
What makes these lights so expensive?

blaster
07-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Its not a standard circiut board which most led fixtures use.Its unique to elos.Its overpriced,but so is all lightng.I have to say i have never seen the lightng look so perfect in one of my tanks and its only at 50percent.

MarkoD
07-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Its not a standard circiut board which most led fixtures use.Its unique to elos.Its overpriced,but so is all lightng.I have to say i have never seen the lightng look so perfect in one of my tanks and its only at 50percent.

Sorry, but what's so special about it? You could have gotten 2 radions for 1600 and had everything you'd ever need.

I'm just trying to understand what makes those lights so special.

Are they RGB?

blaster
07-08-2012, 09:40 PM
They are controllable and really work with the tank.Plus my wife insisted on a top.The aquatop has two slanted glass lids connected to the lght fixture.Actually they came to just over 2000.I'm by no means saying there the best,but its sure a sweet setup with the top.Its kinda cool too that Shane from prolne thnks i mght have the only one in western canada.

MarkoD
07-08-2012, 10:17 PM
do you have a picture of it with the top?

paddyob
07-08-2012, 10:56 PM
I don't get it?

It's your first headache?

blaster
07-08-2012, 11:03 PM
ya sure.I should have just kept this to myself.There`s alot of dorks out there.I figured something newer to talk about other then a new skimmer that does the same thing as other needlewheel skimmers out there.Really it all doesn`t matter.

MarkoD
07-09-2012, 12:01 AM
I still don't understand what these lights do that others don't. And why they're so much money

don.ald
07-09-2012, 12:29 AM
I still don't understand what these lights do that others don't. And why they're so much money

Marko, its not what other lights do that these lights don't do, it's about what the OP wants for lights. It's amazing, how is Marlo expected to enjoy your tank if you don't do it his way?...

Try taking a step back Marko, get a life and enjoy something that is not yours!

I googled the cover for your system and I think it's rad!
R.

Nano
07-09-2012, 04:12 AM
one thing about the Elos I love, is the whole system is so clean and sleek, its super pricey, but you get what you pay for, I have seen a few online poking around on forums and websites, etc, and wow, thats all I can say. i love the fact that they kept in mind that leds are constantly changing, so they made their fixtures completely modular and update-able +1 to them for this. not to mention, that you can customize what leds go into your light. its all well thought out. If I had the budget for one, I'd totally go for the largest tank they had lol

MarkoD
07-09-2012, 04:54 AM
Marko, its not what other lights do that these lights don't do, it's about what the OP wants for lights. It's amazing, how is Marlo expected to enjoy your tank if you don't do it his way?...

Try taking a step back Marko, get a life and enjoy something that is not yours!

I googled the cover for your system and I think it's rad!
R.

lol what the hell are you talking about? pretending like you know me.

im asking a legitimate question. i didnt mean anything bad by it

mike31154
07-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Just had a little look around the net to find out more about these lights. Not difficult to understand what makes them so costly. The Aquatop is clearly something that the company put a lot of design effort into. Very high quality materials including curved glass covers. Sure there are plenty of other options out there with similar or perhaps more features, but I haven't seen too many that are this well designed. Like a Ferrari, also made in Italy, maniacal attention to detail. Flexible mounting options appear to be included, top mount as well as hanging kit. I haven't seen many fixtures that look so good over a tank & don't have to search long to find threads with AI Sol or Radion owners lamenting over a solution to hang or mount their lights. Orphek & one or two other obscure companies also make sleek a LED fixture, somewhat more pleasing to the eye than a painted steel box.

Being of European manufacture, labour costs will be significantly higher than asian products or companies that use asian parts but design & partially assemble their product in house. Not a great advantage in North America, but the Elos is designed under DIN so you know the components are of the highest quality & designed to strict standards. The electrical connectors appear to be at least moisture resistant if not completely waterproof. The fixture also has DIN rails so any DIN component can be easily added or removed as the need arises. The modularity is definitely a plus. Strips are easily changed out should you decide to change the look of your tank or if one of them fails.

It's unfortunate that the Tempo controller with it's simple interface makes the programming somewhat clunky. Looks like there's a better solution in the works in that regard though.

So yeah, I can understand why these things cost plenty of $$$s, but I can also see the legitimacy of someone asking what makes them so costly with the title & info provided in post #1 of your thread here. It is a forum after all & not uncommon for people ask the OP for info rather than spend too much time searching elsewhere on the interweb.

http://www.danireef.com/2012/01/10/led-lighting-elos-aquatop-60-complete-review/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bVxf1QQ-Va0

You've got a fine piece of kit there, be happy (sounds like your wife is & that means a lot). It should serve you well for many years & looks better than most any other LED fixture I've seen. It will keep its value for resale should that ever be on the horizon. As for the programming, once you find what works for your system, you shouldn't need to mess with the Tempo too much.

blaster
07-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Wife loves it.Overall the unit looks very clean and modern.The only reason i got the top was cause she worries about future little ones throwing stuff into the top of the tank from our stairs.I have the tempo controller figured out now.I guess when throw something on this board you'll get questions,i understand that.Ther's just no reason now asking why i didn't get this or that and why i paid that.I have it now.

Aquattro
07-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Wife loves it.

And there's the answer. Priceless.

muck
07-09-2012, 06:36 PM
And there's the answer. Priceless.
hehehe... Gotta agree with Brad on this one. :mrgreen: