PDA

View Full Version : strange couple?

tt101
07-06-2012, 04:30 AM
well i think i have just seen the strangest couple in my life, yesterday i added a female lyertail anthias and for some strange reason my coral beauty has taken a strong liking to her. keeps following her around and its so cute to see the coral beauty displaying its fins and everything. its nothing aggressive at all. the anthias doesnt seem too content about it but i can tell you that the angel has never swam in the open ever until the anthias came lol. the anthias keeps trying to hide in the caves and the angel just waits at the entrance loooool

bignose
07-06-2012, 04:32 AM
Make sure you keep an eye on the beauty they can be aggressive.

tt101
07-06-2012, 06:58 AM
mine has been AMAZING he never touched anyone, and he leaves my corals alone!!!! i even had him with a yellow angel and he was totally fine. overall a very nice fish but he hides way too much lol

Zoaelite
07-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Some dwarf angels are observed to follow wild anthia schools around to feed exclusively off there feces.

Zoaelite
07-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Aquarists who like to grow macroalgae should be aware that some pygmy angels might devour their crop. One species that seems to be particularly fond of Caulerpa shoots is the flame angel (C. loricula). Several species also feed heavily on the feces of other fish. For example, the Japanese pygmy angelfish (C. interrupta) associates with schools of lyretail anthias (Pseudanthias squamipinnis) and planktivorous damselfishes to feed on their fecal material. In the aquarium, I have seen a number of pygmy angelfish engage in this feeding mode, known as coprophagy.

http://www.fishchannel.com/saltwater-aquariums/species-info/angelfish/keeping-pygmy-angels.aspx

reefwars
07-07-2012, 11:30 PM
http://www.fishchannel.com/saltwater-aquariums/species-info/angelfish/keeping-pygmy-angels.aspx

thts fricken cool man:P

LeanneP
07-08-2012, 08:18 PM
I have a pair of unlikely buddies too. I had a sailfin tang that always swam on its own. I added a magnificant foxface and they are the best of friends now. I didn't know that fish actually became friends with other fish but these guys are always together.

Leanne P