PDA

View Full Version : Best T5 combo for my tank ??

FWC
07-05-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm running 4 T5's ,and want to have the colors pop and corals growing well ,but I want your guys opinion on the matter :P

If it matters I'm thinking about adding an ecoxotic blue stunning strip along my tank ,if it makes a difference.

DAVE
07-05-2012, 10:32 PM
It's really is up to personal choice.

I would do something like..

x2 Blue +
x1 Purple + (KZ fiji purple)
x1 Coral plus

.... Blue, Purple, Coral, Blue.

ScubaSteve
07-06-2012, 12:51 AM
I just installed a KZ Super blue and it has done more to make my colors pop than any other bulb.

Timbits
07-06-2012, 02:00 AM
I just installed a KZ Super blue and it has done more to make my colors pop than any other bulb.

Hi do use gieseman actinic + bulb too? Just wondering if you find a difference between the two in terms of making your colors pop? Thanks!

daniella3d
07-06-2012, 02:17 AM
If you have only 4 bulb and wish to keep SPS, you are best to use high PAR bulb. I use:

1 Blue +
1 Fiji purple
1 Aquablue special
1 Blue +

Those are 4 bulb with high PAR and I can grown all SPS very well with this. In fact, I had to move the lamp up because my montipora were bleaching a bit because the light was too strong. My blue mush were gray. Now with the light at about 8" from the water top, my mush are blue again and the monti are getting their color back.

FWC
07-06-2012, 04:35 AM
Thanks !!

Now I have some SPS (mainly acros) growing about 4 inches or so below the surface, and my light is about 2 inches above the tank.

Will that much light cause me any issues with bleaching my acros ??

ScubaSteve
07-06-2012, 04:41 AM
Hi do use gieseman actinic + bulb too? Just wondering if you find a difference between the two in terms of making your colors pop? Thanks!

I use Giesemann Actinics with my Kz Super blue. I use a MH as my main light. When the MH is off, I find the blue from the super blue pops colors more than the Actinics. The Actinics are more of a dim purple next to the super blue. I like the combo of the two.

Carrera75
07-06-2012, 06:17 AM
If you have only 4 bulb and wish to keep SPS, you are best to use high PAR bulb. I use:

1 Blue +
1 Fiji purple
1 Aquablue special
1 Blue +

Those are 4 bulb with high PAR and I can grown all SPS very well with this. In fact, I had to move the lamp up because my montipora were bleaching a bit because the light was too strong. My blue mush were gray. Now with the light at about 8" from the water top, my mush are blue again and the monti are getting their color back.

ATI bulbs are the best and that combo that Daniella suggested is perfect for a 4 bulb fixture.

DAVE
07-06-2012, 11:05 AM
I would of recommended the Aqua Blue over the Coral plus, but to me it's just too yellow.

I suggest you really look at the Aqua Blue vs. Coral Plus.

Enigma
07-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Blue +
Coral +
Blue +
Purple +

I love the configuration so far. :)