PDA

View Full Version : frogspawn vs skunk cleaner shrimp

canadianbudz604
07-04-2012, 03:08 AM
Man the damn cleaner shrimp has been all over the damn frogspawn in the last week. What the hell is it doing to it? I thought it was stealing its food, but it just likes to roll around in the fricking thing. Has anyone elses cleaner shrimp bug their corals? I don't mean walk on them once and awhile, because he's not doing that he's like rolling in it and picking at it. I don't wanna get rid of him but I like my corals

darrin41
07-04-2012, 04:56 AM
mine does that with my anenomies and my hammer coral i just added but i see it picking at it like it does when cleaning fish . so probaly just cleaning stuff if it was hurting it the frogspawn would sting it

reefwars
07-04-2012, 05:28 AM
if it was hurting it the frogspawn would sting it

not much is gonna sting shrimp;)

ScubaSteve
07-04-2012, 06:47 AM
Keep an eye on it. I've also seen cleaners rip LPS to shreds.

mike31154
07-04-2012, 01:01 PM
I have two cleaner shrimp & they'll roam around on the brown button polyps in my tank picking away. Doesn't seem to do any harm, the polyps close up & reopen later with no apparent damage done. Too bad almost, since these brown polyps are taking over too much of my LR. I also have a Hammer coral in the tank & I've never seen the shrimp on that. When my BTA was new & weak, the single shrimp I had at the time would steal chunks of silverside when I tried to feed it. Once the BTA coloured up & was healthier, the shrimp would no longer do that, he got stung. BTA has split many times since then, I now have 3 of them & the shrimp don't go near them. I'm certain if they got too close now they would get stung, eaten even.