PDA

View Full Version : opinions on bicolor dottybacks

tt101
07-03-2012, 08:44 PM
hey guys,
i have been checking out the bicolor dottybacks forever but i've been staying away because i heard of their aggression issues. whats your opinions on them?
thanks

Sebae again
07-03-2012, 09:05 PM
I had a bicolour and had to trade it in because it was a hellion and ruled my tank. It's too bad because they are a really colourful small fish. I guess that is why they are reasonably priced due to their aggressive behaviour. I now have a Springeri and a Sunrise that seem to be quite timid and are actually best buddies.

paddyob
07-03-2012, 09:37 PM
May as well get a damsel. Lol.

If it's the color you like splurge on a gramma instead.

tt101
07-04-2012, 03:22 AM
May as well get a damsel. Lol.

If it's the color you like splurge on a gramma instead.

i will NEVER EVER EVER EVER!!!!!!!! get a damsel or anything like a damsel again.......im going with the gramma then but they can be pretty shy im hearing. i guess i will have to give it a try first right

lee9
07-04-2012, 04:37 AM
I really like mine! It's pretty well behaved. My Flame Angel seems to keep it in line. The Dottyback was the last fish I put in as well though.

tt101
07-04-2012, 05:06 AM
I really like mine! It's pretty well behaved. My Flame Angel seems to keep it in line. The Dottyback was the last fish I put in as well though.

thanks for letting me know about your experience but i will never risk putting a brat into my tank again

RuGlu6
07-04-2012, 06:38 AM
every fish with the eye shaped like a tear drop Is somewhat aggressive.

reefan
07-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Yep they can be aggressive for sure.

tt101
07-05-2012, 05:40 AM
every fish with the eye shaped like a tear drop Is somewhat aggressive.

sounds like an extremely generalized rule lol, and i wouldnt say every fish but it does have a decent foundation i guess lol

Yep they can be aggressive for sure.

thanks for letting me know guys, im going to stay away from them. i seen a royal gramma today and i was so excited to get it but as i got closer it had weird whitish scaled and it didnt look too good so i avoided it