PDA

View Full Version : Too crowded?

bluesox68
06-29-2012, 05:14 PM
In my 40 tall I have a medium size cleaner and blood shrimp. Could I get a coral banded and still have them all get along? I only have 3 fish in the tank now. Thanks!

FishyFishy!
06-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Yeah you could do that. I had the exact combo of the three in my 39 gallon reef. They all got along well. I find the coral banded does not come out during the day at all, so it's nice to have a couple others like the cleaner and blood that actually come out during the day for viewing.

bluesox68
06-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Awesome! My cleaner is always out and since I sold my maroon clowns my blood is getting a little more adventureous :biggrin:

fishoholic
06-30-2012, 01:35 AM
I've always heard coral banded will kill any other shrimp in the tank. Personally I wouldn't risk it. Another member on here was selling hers cause it killed the other shrimp she had.

gregzz4
06-30-2012, 01:40 AM
I've always heard coral banded will kill any other shrimp in the tank. Personally I wouldn't risk it. Another member on here was selling hers cause it killed the other shrimp she had.
+1 Coral Banded Shrimp are aggressive
They are known to try to catch passing fish too

FishyFishy!
06-30-2012, 04:44 AM
Its funny how different everyones experiences are. I've had 6 different coral banded shrimp (2 golds and 4 regular) in 6 different setups, all with at least 1 cleaner or blood and I have never lost a fish, shrimp or even seen them be aggressive.

gregzz4
06-30-2012, 05:00 AM
Its funny how different everyones experiences are. I've had 6 different coral banded shrimp (2 golds and 4 regular) in 6 different setups, all with at least 1 cleaner or blood and I have never lost a fish, shrimp or even seen them be aggressive.
What are your feeding habits ?
Maybe your CBSs are / were not overly hungry - is / are well fed :smile: