PDA

View Full Version : Who do ya thank?

Old Guy
03-29-2004, 10:40 PM
Got a day off on Saturday with pay so I went shopping :biggrin: . I went and got a couple nice rics and a nice rock of zoo's from 2 different stores. Came home from work today and found a breakout of red flatworms and at least 3 very small nudibranches of some sort :mad: . You would think an" old guy" like me would know better than to put things directly into my reef :rolleyes: .

Moral of the story or rant is "Quarantine everything" :exclaim: .

Jeff

Bob I
03-30-2004, 01:20 AM
Well here is a story from another "Old Guy" who thinks he can do you one better. On March 7th I was sort of talked into buying a Yellow Eye Tang. I was told he would clear up algae. You guessed it after bragging that I never get ick two weeks later the tang has ick. Not only that but my favorite fish (Royal Grama) is also suffering , and my Bicolor Blenny has it too. It is at its worst in the evening but clears up by morning just to repeat the cycle daily. I am now faced with buying a heater and setting up my spare 15. Then tear the 50 apart to catch the offending fish. Then hope someone wants another ich magnet or try to cure him and then give him away. him. :mad:

Old Guy
03-30-2004, 01:24 AM
Another I didn't quarantine storey eh BOB. :lol:

Quinn
03-30-2004, 01:36 AM
Bob who on Earth managed to convince you to buy a tang?

Bob I
03-30-2004, 03:04 AM
Another I didn't quarantine storey eh BOB. :lol:

Yes, it goes great for a few years, then it all falls apart. :redface:

Bob I
03-30-2004, 03:06 AM
Bob who on Earth managed to convince you to buy a tang?

I won't say, but one pays, and pays, and pays for one's errors in judgement. I thought at my age I was over that. :redface:

Old Guy
03-30-2004, 03:20 AM
I'm starting my second childhood early and I don't care what anyone says :mrgreen: .

Bob I
03-30-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm starting my second childhood early and I don't care what anyone says :mrgreen: .

I really think I never left my first :biggrin:

Old Guy
03-30-2004, 08:46 PM
Well you know what they say. "The only difference between the men and the boys is the price of their toys".