PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner shrimp allways hide?

banditpowdercoat
06-29-2012, 12:31 AM
I got 2 Cleaner shrimp about 6 weeks ago. They went behind rocks and really havnt seen them sice. I thought maybe my Yellow Tang or Coral beauty maybe got them, But today I seen some Antennae in behind rocks. Any way to get them to come out and be visible? I was hoping they would be able to be seen, so beaytifull the way they rock back and forth

AquaticFinatic
06-29-2012, 04:10 AM
I had the same problem until I got three. Now they are out all the time.

FishyFishy!
06-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Shine a light on the tank in the middle of the night, I guarantee you'll see them out and about. Thats then they are most active. I've had some that never come out during the day, but I've also had some that are always in plain sight. Every one will be different.

canadianbudz604
06-29-2012, 01:41 PM
I wish mine would hide once and a while, running around on corals, chasing clownfish, beating crabs down, pinching frogspawn...

FishyFishy!
06-29-2012, 05:28 PM
I wish mine would hide once and a while, running around on corals, chasing clownfish, beating crabs down, pinching frogspawn...

hahaha yeah I had two cleaner shrimp in a 30 gallon shallow for a while and they would try to clean anything that moved. Every time I had my hand in there both of them would be right on it.

banditpowdercoat
06-29-2012, 05:32 PM
hahaha yeah I had two cleaner shrimp in a 30 gallon shallow for a while and they would try to clean anything that moved. Every time I had my hand in there both of them would be right on it.

THATS what I want :D I did see one shrimp last night tho, Came close to coming out. And Foxface went and laied in rocks near him, but to far away to be cleaned. I dunno if he wanted to be cleaned, or just wanted to lay down there

msjboy
06-29-2012, 08:56 PM
I bought 2..one was shy and always hid, while the other was always out and about...grabbing what food he can get. I think it totally depends on its personality. The shy one eventually disappeared without a trace in my small red sea max 130L..... no shell, nothing.

msjboy