PDA

View Full Version : my Foxface is a ahole!!!

banditpowdercoat
06-28-2012, 11:21 PM
Just got a Naso Tang. And my Foxface wont leave him alone. I thought Foxfaces were mild tempered but he keeps nipping at the naso's side. Is that normal? If I come near tank, Foxface goes in hiding, like he knows hes been bad. If see him come toward naso, I point my finger at him and he stops, and backs away.

Just dont wana stress the Naso out to bad. He's about 1/2 the size of the Foxface. Theres a Hippo and Yellow tang in there too, and they are fine

gregzz4
06-28-2012, 11:48 PM
You may try putting a barrier, such as eggcrate, somewhere near the middle of the tank. It needs to be seethrough and allow water flow
Try this with some of the gentler fish and the tang together for a few days
It should give your fox time to get used to sharing the tank

If that doesn't work, take the fox out and put him by himself for a week or so
This way, when he's re-introduced, he may not be so comfy and bossy

banditpowdercoat
06-29-2012, 12:25 AM
I guess I could put him in my skimmer tank, if I can catch him. Cant use eggcrate as theres an open pathway behind rochs on back wall, He's just go around the rocks. Naso doesnt seem upset, Hes out front swimming with everyone, not hiding so??

gregzz4
06-29-2012, 12:41 AM
If there's no damage being done, and the tang is staying out, you may be OK, but keep a close eye on things
Watch the tang's attitude for signs of stress

Trigger Man
06-29-2012, 01:13 AM
I'm always a big fan of putting a mirror on the tank when introducing new fish. It has always worked for me. It tends to keep the aggressive fish occupied while the new one gets established. You can also try changing your rock work around.