PDA

View Full Version : ESV B-Ionic Alkalinity container has solid chunks in it?

Cugio
06-28-2012, 03:29 AM
Is this normal? I haven't opened the bottle yet. There is some warning about precipitation. Is this what they are referring to? It's almost like there are ice crystals inside. It doesn't go away with regular daily shaking.

Megalodon
06-28-2012, 04:27 AM
I would think a little precipitation is OK but it sounds excessive in your case.

This is off-topic and advice you didn't ask for, but honestly, do a search for Randy's DIY two-part. That's what I have done and I've never looked back. Buying commercial two-part liquids is a waste of money, IMO.

Cugio
06-28-2012, 05:08 AM
Thank you for the advice. I will definitely go with it.

According to the container on the ESV bottle, it says that you should not use the bottle unless all hard particles have been melted and mixed up. I've been warming the bottle up and shaking it but having no luck. I guess it's a hard lesson learn. Don't purchase liquid alkalinity online during the winter. Hard to resist Boxing Day sales. :p

George
06-28-2012, 05:12 AM
That is normal for ESV B-Ionic. I used to use their 2-part and the alkalinty bottle, especially the concentrate one, had heavy percipitation, solid block on the bottom. Other than shaking, you have to heat it. Flow it on some hot water and give it a good shake from time to time. Also make sure you fill it first if you are using the concentrate version.

Jakegr
06-28-2012, 05:44 AM
Same thing happened to me. I soaked the ESV container in a hot water bath in the sink for a couple of hours and it dissolved.

Cugio
06-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Thank you. It's now soaking in the sink. So much effort though, huh?