PDA

View Full Version : worst customer service ever.... ugh

Flash
06-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Now I am not one to jump on stores, but I am in town visiting and I went back to a store I was @ 5weeks ago, excited to pick up some more corals, but due to a staff memeber I will never step foot back in that store, and I will make sure I tell people visiting to stay away from it. Whether it was the owner or just an employee, you do not treat any customer the way you treated me. You are a rude, rude person and just lost out on a fair chunk of cash that I was going to spend with your store. I may be young, but I have no idea how u run a business with an attitude like that. I will shop elsewhere and you can keep your holier then thou attitude to yourself.

Man, some people.

paddyob
06-24-2012, 08:51 PM
This lacks information Lindsay.

Which store? Would be beneficial for others to know details.

Flash
06-24-2012, 09:00 PM
I will not put the name of the store on the forum! U can pm me.

paddyob
06-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Sure. But can you at least tell us WTH happened.

Not like you to get this choked.

Megalodon
06-24-2012, 09:36 PM
LOL, you need to tell us what happened and where.

There's a certain employee at a certain store and I'm wondering if it's him.

Flash
06-25-2012, 12:22 AM
lol you have PM... all I know is I will never go back there. One guy tried to help me, same guy that heped me last time... but this other owner/employee refused to let him! The employee just snapped at me for asking a simple question about a coral marked NFS. it was so bad my other half even looked at me and said she wanted to leave right that minute. Still steamed about it. how do you run a business when you snap on customers. Ken would have fired my butt if I treated people like that.

NU-2reef
06-25-2012, 03:08 AM
I think I know which place you are talking about... Maybe even the culprit :wink:

Bblinks
06-25-2012, 05:38 AM
I am really curious now....can I have a PM please.

Snaz
06-25-2012, 05:54 AM
I don't know the story but I am guessing the fact that you inquired about a piece that was marked NFS probably had something to do with it.

NFS corals are a sore subject for store owners and other buyers... Buyers get frustrated because they see the nice stuff and cannot bring it home. They can sometimes pressure, or attempt to pressure the employees into selling it to them anyway. I know this was not your case but I have seen it happen.

Owners don't like keeping NFS because of the constant badgering from customers and if that NFS coral DOES get sold to someone else by accident or otherwise you can bet the LFS will probably lose business from the good customer he was holding it for.

Trust me NFS sucks all around, maybe give these guys a break. Up to you I guess, depends on how rude he was.
Keith.

Flash
06-25-2012, 01:55 PM
i was not looking to buy just merely making conversation on a nice piece, wondering if a customer had bought it, or if it was in qt for some reason. Nothing to warrant the snap, rude response I got from this person.

I worked at a lfs, and we all took great pride in our customer service. our boss always taught us to explain things to customers, and if there was a nfs coral or fish that someone liked that was sold, or we were holding it from a customers tank, or our own, that we ask questions. usually we could even bring in that coral for a customer...

in this instance i asked a very simple question and got a unwarranted response.

regardless a customer should feel safe to ask whatever questions they want. the staff at a store in there to assist them in any way. instead of making a good sized sale, they lost my business forever. i do not tolerate rude snarky employees!

ponokareefer
06-25-2012, 03:05 PM
I don't know the story but I am guessing the fact that you inquired about a piece that was marked NFS probably had something to do with it.

NFS corals are a sore subject for store owners and other buyers... Buyers get frustrated because they see the nice stuff and cannot bring it home. They can sometimes pressure, or attempt to pressure the employees into selling it to them anyway. I know this was not your case but I have seen it happen.

Owners don't like keeping NFS because of the constant badgering from customers and if that NFS coral DOES get sold to someone else by accident or otherwise you can bet the LFS will probably lose business from the good customer he was holding it for.

Trust me NFS sucks all around, maybe give these guys a break. Up to you I guess, depends on how rude he was.
Keith.

I have, in the past, checked out NFS items at stores in Edmonton and Calgary with mixed responses. Sometimes the staff are nice about it, sometimes not at all. I've even inquired at stores where I know they have kept stuff NFS to see if they would do it for me with full payment with very rude responses sometimes. Its a subject that I don't even bother touching on anymore anywhere.

dc4
06-25-2012, 08:25 PM
This makes no sense, why would anyone working at a store, be rude about a customer asking a question? Doesnt matter if its been asked a million times before, most likely it was the first time for that customer. Even if the question was about the NFS item, maybe there is a wait list for frags or a timeline for when the customer has to pick it up by. I would bring it up to the manager if it was an employee or if it was the owner, speak to him directly about how it made you feel but thats just me.