PDA

View Full Version : My little devil

tang daddy
06-21-2012, 09:13 AM
Well some of you may have seen this elusive fish if you've stopped by and for the others I'd like to share with you Satan my little frien......:twised:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o227/tangdaddy/IMG_0590.jpg

it's actually called a barnacle blennie but I thought the looks suited devil fish more, enjoy!!

Many thanks to Rich for the photography, I must say with only half an hr and snapping everything free hand, your skills has definately improved, thanks Buddy :wink:

reefgirl189
06-21-2012, 07:10 PM
He's adorable!

Err.. I mean manly. Very manly. That's a real man's fish, right there!

Bblinks
06-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Well some of you may have seen this elusive fish if you've stopped by and for the others I'd like to share with you Satan my little frien......:twised:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o227/tangdaddy/IMG_0590.jpg

it's actually called a barnacle blennie but I thought the looks suited devil fish more, enjoy!!

Many thanks to Rich for the photography, I must say with only half an hr and snapping everything free hand, your skills has definately improved, thanks Buddy :wink:

Thanks dude. I can't take all the credit, Rice reef helped me out big time on the settings.

fishoholic
06-21-2012, 07:39 PM
I love barnacle blenny's super cute! How long have you had him for?

FishyFishy!
06-21-2012, 07:57 PM
He's adorable!

Err.. I mean manly. Very manly. That's a real man's fish, right there!

hahaha thanks for re-instating his manliness

tang daddy
06-22-2012, 08:55 AM
I love barnacle blenny's super cute! How long have you had him for?

Ive had the blenny for about a month and a half, didnt even see them in the store... must have walked past the tank over 10x until my friend pulled me over cause she wanted one, it took alittle bit to swallow the price of $30 for a tiny fish but he's just so dam cute........:twised:

And uh Yah he a manly many many men many many man eater pish!!

fishoholic
06-23-2012, 02:05 AM
Ive had the blenny for about a month and a half, didnt even see them in the store... must have walked past the tank over 10x until my friend pulled me over cause she wanted one, it took alittle bit to swallow the price of $30 for a tiny fish but he's just so dam cute........:twised:

And uh Yah he a manly many many men many many man eater pish!!

One of my faves for sure, however I don't think they have long term survivability. I've had two that both were doing great and suddenly went MIA after 4-5 months :sad: Read a goby article about how some small gobies only live for a few months and started wondering if it was the same for these blenny's.

tang daddy
06-24-2012, 09:48 AM
That's sad, I find that they need to eat alot, can't be in an competative tank where they can't get enough food. These fish are pretty elusive hiding most times in crevises and holes, so one would assume it's almost impossible to catch these fish, tell you the truth I haven't read much about these fish so can comment about long term survivability. Although most fish that I buy seem to not have a very long shelf life.... Especially fish from the philippines...

fishoholic
06-24-2012, 03:05 PM
That's sad, I find that they need to eat alot, can't be in an competative tank where they can't get enough food. These fish are pretty elusive hiding most times in crevises and holes, so one would assume it's almost impossible to catch these fish, tell you the truth I haven't read much about these fish so can comment about long term survivability. Although most fish that I buy seem to not have a very long shelf life.... Especially fish from the philippines...

I had both of mine in my 34g with tiny gobies, and he was the one giving the others competition for food. I fed well so everyone can get enough food. Yesterday I talked with the guys I work with at Aquarium Illusions and they said six months to a year is about average life span for them :sad: Couldn't find much info when I tried goggling it other then one guy on RC said he kept a group of them together for 3yrs. So maybe they live longer in groups? :noidea: